Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi android app

Paiatz
Guide

orbi android app

Orbi satellites not showing in Android app but they are online and i can login to them with the IP

I have 3 satellites attached to my Orbi router. All Satellites and the route have the latest FW installed

Already deleted cache and data. Same issues

What could be the reason ?

thanks in advance

Raimar

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
vajim
Master

Re: orbi android app

@Paiatz wrote:
Orbi satellites not showing in Android app but they are online and i can login to them with the IP

I have 3 satellites attached to my Orbi router. All Satellites and the route have the latest FW installed

thanks in advance

Raimar

The reason?

the app is not recommended 

Message 2 of 5
Zakary
Aspirant

Now that it's working fine, I am getting anywhere between 300-800mbps in most rooms of a 2 floor 3500 sqft house
even in the farthest corners where I previously had near zero connectivity - I am getting 50+mbps - even at the outer edge of the garden which is 75-100 ft away from the satellite and a couple of walls in between.
Streaming works great everywhere, devices switch between router and satellite near seamlessly
The backhaul speed between router and satellite is 1300/1300 - although they are vertically close (the satellite is placed right above the router on the 1st floor with the floor concrete in between)

Kroger Schedule

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@Paiatz wrote:

This type of question is posted at leat once every week.  It is a continuing mystery why the Orbi "app" does not provide the same information as the Orbi Attached Devices web page.  People who are interested in the Orbi app tend to participate in the community forum specific to the app: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

Most of us who are active on the forum where you posted have little interest in the app.  I, personally, find it worthless.

Message 4 of 5
BraveJan
Aspirant

I must say that I am surprised by the fact that you have this type of issue. I've been using Orbi satellites for years now, and fortunately everything has worked smooth so far. Therefore I can't imagine what might be the reason why this is happening. I would love to have the answer to it here, because it is important to have the solution here for those who might face the same thing at a certain point in the future. I use a third-party AppStore from where I get useful Android apps for my device with a custom review of every application.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7