Re: orbi app reinstallation

ken_pa
Aspirant

orbi app reinstallation

I have a well working orbi system with one router and four satellites. For some reason my orbi app on my iphone stopped showing connected devices even though it says there are 13 devices connected on the main screen. I removed the app and reinstalled the app on my phone. When I started the app it tries to reinstall the entire system, which I don't want. Is there a way to link the newly installed app to the well-working orbi system without going through the new system set up?

Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ken_pa, 

Are you still experiencing this? If so, may you provide us with the current app version installed. 

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
ken_pa
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I still have the problem. I could not link my existing Orbi network to the app after I reinstalled the app on my iPhone. It simply does not have an option to link. Instead it force me to reinstall the system starting with resetting cable modem, where I stopped going further as I did not want to reinstall the system from scratch as the system is working fine and I can adminiter it through my PC. However, it would be handy to have Orbi app working on my iPhon.

The version of Orbi app is 2.7.0

Thanks,

Ken

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Ken, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number of the the Orbi router. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
Guy-named-Eric
Aspirant

Hello,
I have an ORBI 750 router with 2 ORBI satellite routers. I’ve had problems on multiple occasions with the ORBI app unable to find internet after reinstalling on my iPhone 11 promax and iPad Pro 12.9 latest model and had to setup system as new. Major pain for $500 spent. Did anyone ever figure out how to re-sign into app without setting up as new?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements