Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi rbr350 network map has bug?

fredie1
Aspirant

orbi rbr350 network map has bug?

Hi everyone,

I have an Orbi rbr350. And recently I don't see my satellites in the network map in the App. The network map has also been looking outdated recently (new design? see image). I have completely reset the router and satellites, created a new account, downloaded the app again but nothing works. The satellites are visible through the orbilogin browser. Does anyone know what could be causing this? and does your network map also look like this via the app?

I have an iPhone 11 with the latest iOS version.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi rbr350 network map has bug?

Yes this seems to be a new look for the Orbi app. 

How many RBS do you have? 

Message 2 of 6
fredie1
Aspirant

RBS are satellites right? i have 2 satellites. Both are visible via the orbilogin website. But as you can see, these are not visible through the app. Through the app I see that there are 2 satellites online (on the front page)

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Seems to be a odd problem with this newer version of Orbi app. 

You might submit a bug report:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

Message 4 of 6
fredie1
Aspirant

ok i will do. I have an additional question. should I create a new topic for that?

The router is on the ground floor. satellite 1 on the first floor and satellite 2 on the second floor. both are connected to an internet cable directly to the router. but the satellite on the second floor keeps trying contacting the satellite on the first floor via wifi. This causing the connection to be poor on the second floor. how can I connect the satellite on the second floor to the router via the internet cable?
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

So that would be a ethernet cabling issue or wall jack or cable jack issue between the RBS and the RBR. 

To test this take the 2nd floor RBS to the same room as the RBR and connect it directly to the back of the RBR. Check the RBRs web page status for the RBS connection, should see wired here. If it does, then you need to check the cabling between the RBR and the remote 2nd floor RBS location for good and proper wiring. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7