Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi router does not show all connected devices

TechnologyDude
Follower

orbi router does not show all connected devices

I have an Orbi RBR50 router with two RBS50 satellites labeled "front" and "back".  All are using firmware version 2.7.2.104 (just updated today). Whenever I check the Attached Devices list for the router, it never shows all of the devices that are currently connected to the network.  For example, the laptop that I am currently typing this message on is not showing up in the list of attached devices on the Router.  This is true in both the Orbi phone App, and also true when logging in to the browser app.

Incidentally, the laptop I am currently using actually shows up on the Access Control page under the section titled "list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network".

If I use the browser app to log in directly to the "front" satellite web page, it shows the IP address of my laptop connected to it, but when logging into the router web page, it does NOT show my laptop as connected to the network.

I have several other connected devices which are not showing up either.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: orbi router does not show all connected devices

I have the same situation.  Eventually, devices seem to "appear".  This issue has existed for several generations of firmware. It affects some users, while others seem to be immune.  The three ways people address this are:

1. Wait it out and ignore it.  I know my device is working. So what if the Orbi Attached Devices says it is "Allowed" but off-line?
  2. Do a Factory Reset and reconfigure the Orbi by hand.  (A tedious endeavor.)
  3. Manually load a previous firmware version (and perhaps do the Factory Reset and reconfigure on that version).

Thousands of Orbi owners have taken the Orbi out of the box, plugged in the units, and never done anything. They use the WiFi SSID/password printed on the label and have never activated the Orbi "app" or web interface.  Ignorance is bliss!

I remain hopeful that one day Netgear engineers will get their s**t together and display devices connected to the system correctly. Meanwhile, it's a nagging irritation that I try to ignore.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7