rbr50

how do you change orbi app two step authentication

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: rbr50

@jdfox wrote:

how do you change orbi app two step authentication

Change as in (a) activate two factor authentication,  (b) turn off two factor authentication, or (c) change the phone number used for two factor authentication?

Message 2 of 4
jdfox
Aspirant

turn off two factor authorization or change it   my current two factor authorization sned code to an old email which is no longr working     this is my only option for two factor authorization

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@jdfox wrote:

turn off two factor authorization or change it   my current two factor authorization send code to an old email which is no longr working     this is my only option for two factor authorization

Alas, I have never enabled two factor authentication for the Orbi app.  I had assumed it was like other apps and would send a text message to a phone number.  (Lack of imagination on my part.  I know someone who has email with two factor which offers to (a) accept a code from a key fob, (2) text the code to a phone, or (3) call a phone number and speak the code.  They don't offer email because the whole point is to sign someone into an email account.)

My guess is the most straightforward solution is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators. (No personal details should be posted on a public forum). Moderators have that 'capital N' after their screen name where the rest of us have some goofy symbol. Explain what happened, the old and new emails, product serial number, etc. - maybe even include a cell phone number if that is something the app supports.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7