Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Orbi 4G LTE Mesh WiFi Router with SIM card slot (LBR20)

michaelgengland
Follower

NETGEAR Orbi 4G LTE Mesh WiFi Router with SIM card slot (LBR20)

Have:

An LBR20, NETGEAR Orbi 4G LTE Mesh WiFi Router with SIM card slot (LBR20) | AC2200 (up to 2.2Gbps)

A Next x Yale Smartlock that needs IPv6 traffic

I'm on:

Network: T-Mobile 4 G LTE that supports IPv6

Problem:

Without IPv6 traffic available, the smart lock will not work. T-Mobile LTE 4G claims to support it. The router does not have the option available. 

It's a lot like this issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-LTE/Orbi-LBR20-4G-lte-cant-access-IPv6-settings/m-p/2040784#M3...

Questions:

How do I allow IPv6 traffic on this router? Option is currently grayed out. If I can activate it, I can use my smart home devices. Manual for this device indicates this should be an option.

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 2
Tobinator
Star

Re: NETGEAR Orbi 4G LTE Mesh WiFi Router with SIM card slot (LBR20)

To enable LTE IPv6 click on ADVANCED > Setup > Internet Setup > Mobile Broadband Settings > PDP Type. Click on the dropdown and select PDP-IPv4v6 to enable both “IPv4” and “IPv6” (See the attached screenshot).Select PDP-IPv6 to enable only “IPv6”. Then click "Apply" to save the change.

The grayed out option you see is only relevant when you have modem connected to the WAN port of your LBR20 device. It’s grayed out because there is no ethernet WAN connection on your device.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7