Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORB20 SIM PIN length

dome045
Follower

ORB20 SIM PIN length

Few improvement proposals for the mobile setup app (Android) and possibly for the firmware of this ORBI LTE (ORB20) router: First I tried to install the router with the mobile app as it was recommended by Netgear and because the app has good rating. Everything went smoothly until the SIM PIN was asked. I used the five digits PIN which works perfectly eg. with my Google Pixel 4 and with Tplink Archer MR200 4G router. Mobile app gives ambiguous error message "Something went wrong. Please try again.". Needless to say, but new try of course does not help at all. Then I tried the installation with the web app. At the same point as before I got error message, but now with additional information that PIN has to be 4-digit code. OK, I took the SIM out and changed the PIN with my mobile phone to 4-digit code and after that I was able to complete the installation. It took in total more than one hour to find this solution. I guess others might have given up earlier and returned the product. Netgear: Please make corrections that allow the PIN code according to the standard defintions.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ORB20 SIM PIN length

Hi @dome045

This has been brought up already to engineers. They confirmed that the original spec is only 4 digits. They will work on updating the spec to support a max of 8 digit PIN. We will fix the issue and ETA is by end of Q1 2021.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working!

Here's where you make suggestions: 

Idea Exchange For Home - NETGEAR Communities

But might be worth it for @Blanca_O  to know

Message 2 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dome045

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'll have the information forwarded to our product teams.

@plemans, thanks for looping me in!

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dome045

This has been brought up already to engineers. They confirmed that the original spec is only 4 digits. They will work on updating the spec to support a max of 8 digit PIN. We will fix the issue and ETA is by end of Q1 2021.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear its in process. 

Thanks for the update @Blanca_O ! much appreciated

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats