Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi LBK1220 LED white red pulse before 100% data used

Bruce-H
Aspirant

Orbi LBK1220 LED white red pulse before 100% data used

I have an Orbi LBK1220 - 4GX AC1200 Dual-Band Mesh WiFi System router. The LED recently started to pulse white red way before I had used 100% of the data. In fact, I hadn't even used 50% of the data when it began to occur. The LED lighting will go though a cycle where it will pulse white red for a while, then go solid red for a short while, then white, then return to blue, and then the cycle will begin again. My internet connection does not appear to be affected by all this and remains stable and strong. I have tried resetting the router - no effect. I have tried reinstalling the firmware (version LBR1020-V2.5.1.18.img), but that also has no effect. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks, Bruce.

Message 1 of 8
LBK1220
Initiate

Same issue for me - just started happening about 2 weeks ago. Can't fix it. Did factory reset. Updated firmware. Nothing works. Had only used 30% of data when it started. Extremely annoying.

Message 2 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Bruce-H and LBK1220, 

- When the data usage is between 85%-99% of plan, LED will pulse AMBER/WHITE.
- When the data usage reaches 100%, LED will pulse RED/WHITE.

In your case, data consumed is less than 50%. Does it make any difference if you powercycle the router? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 8
Bruce-H
Aspirant

Powercycling makes no difference. Resetting the router makes no difference. Reinstalling the firmware makes no diference. I have tried it all numerous times, but the LED just keeps pulsing white red. I have also tried getting support from my internet service provider, which supplied the router. But they also don't know what's going on. Cheers, Bruce.

Message 4 of 8
LBK1220
Initiate

I have the same problem. My provider is Telstra. I got no traction trying to solve the problem with them. I then contacted Netgear. A Netgear Senior Systems Engineer in Australia told me the lights are based on information they receive from Telstra about our data usage. He contracted Telstra who said a server problem is causing the issue. However it has been a week since he contacted Telstra and the issue still hasn't been solved. It is ridiculous.

Message 5 of 8
Bruce-H
Aspirant

Thanks LBK1220. I'm also with Telstra. Have just spent two days trying to get some sense out of their support service, but also got no traction. They were completely in the dark about a server problem, or with anything else to do with the Orbi LBK1200. I had half suspected the issue was at the Telstra end. Good to get some confirmation. Cheers.

Message 6 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LBK1220 and @Bruce-H

We'll also check this with the product team. We will provide update once new information will be available. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 7 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

Engineering was able to find the root cause. It was an issue with the response from Telstra’s servers. We are working with Telstra to address it. We will let you know for any updates.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7