Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Advice for WiFi to Ethernet adapter

BooJangles
Apprentice

Advice for WiFi to Ethernet adapter

Hello all,

I currently have an Orbi Pro setup 1 SRR60 router and 6 SRS60 satellites. 5 are wired backhaul and 1 wireless across a multi home complex. 

They are installing some power monitoring equipment (8 devices) at locations around the property (power panels) that do not have any Ethernet cable runs. We have strong WiFi at these locations and instead of running new cable would like to connect wirelessly. The power monitoring devices have only Ethernet connections. There will be one location that will have 6 of these devices.

For the location that has 6 devices, what would you recommend as a Ethernet to WiFi bridge that could handle all 6 devices (I do not have any old routers laying around to act as a bridge). I’m envisioning the six devices plugged into a switch that the WiFi bridge is also plugged into or directly into the bridge if it has enough ports.

For the other 2 locations there will only be one device so I’m assuming something like the WNCE3001.

Thanks in advance,

B

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Advice for WiFi to Ethernet adapter

The Product Data Sheet shows the WNCE3001 having one ethernet port.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNCE3001/WNCE3001_DS_23Feb12.pdf 

I agree that one ethernet to WiFi converter should be ample to handle six power monitoring.  If it will handle HDTV or a game console, it should handle that load.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi Pro forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Good Luck. 

@BooJangles wrote:

Hello all,

I currently have an Orbi Pro setup 1 SRR60 router and 6 SRS60 satellites. 5 are wired backhaul and 1 wireless across a multi home complex. 

They are installing some power monitoring equipment (8 devices) at locations around the property (power panels) that do not have any Ethernet cable runs. We have strong WiFi at these locations and instead of running new cable would like to connect wirelessly. The power monitoring devices have only Ethernet connections. There will be one location that will have 6 of these devices.

For the location that has 6 devices, what would you recommend as a Ethernet to WiFi bridge that could handle all 6 devices (I do not have any old routers laying around to act as a bridge). I’m envisioning the six devices plugged into a switch that the WiFi bridge is also plugged into or directly into the bridge if it has enough ports.

For the other 2 locations there will only be one device so I’m assuming something like the WNCE3001.

Thanks in advance,

B

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@BooJangles wrote:

I have the WNCE3001. I use it for my Dreambox which does not have a wifi interface as well other wired devices in the same cabinet as the Dreambox. I connect multiple devices to the WNCE (via a switch) and it works just fine. Please note that on the box (see attached picture) it states that you can only connect one device, but I really don't see why!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7