Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor for SXK30 — Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini AX1800 WiFi System

Batman-15
Tutor

Armor for SXK30 — Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini AX1800 WiFi System

Good Evening:

I am looking at purchasing the SXK 30 Orbi Pro router & satlelite. I currently have a subscription to netgear armor and was wondering if someone can answer the following questions:

1. Can I purchase an Armor subscription for SXK30 — Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini AX1800 WiFi System?

2. If not available, what malware protection comes with the SXK 30?

3. I already have a Netgear nighthawk R6900P router with armor on it. Can I transfer my armor subscription to the SXK 30?

Much gratitude in advance!

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Armor for SXK30 — Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini AX1800 WiFi System

@Batman-15 wrote:

1. Can I purchase an Armor subscription for SXK30 — Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini AX1800 WiFi System?

No - because there is no Armor support on the Netgear Business products (like the Orbi Pro systems).

@Batman-15 wrote:

2. If not available, what malware protection comes with the SXK 30?

None. Businesses and advanced prefer the free choice on end point protection systems.

@Batman-15 wrote:

3. I already have a Netgear nighthawk R6900P router with armor on it. Can I transfer my armor subscription to the SXK 30?

As not available, a little bit difficult I'm afraid.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

in addition to what @schumaku said, if you've already got armor and want to keep it, you can set up the R6900P as the router and put the SXK system in access point mode. 

You could either disable the wifi on the R6900P, use it as backup, or even use it to offload IoT devices or fixed position devices that are close to the router. 

That'd let you keep the benefits of armor while using the mesh system's wifi

Message 3 of 4
Batman-15
Tutor

Thank you very much for your response! You give me some things to consider.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements