Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Both satellites connecting to the router

hvzhvz
Follower

Both satellites connecting to the router

Hello,
I have the Orbi Pro Router with two satellites.
I have a problem with both my satellites connecting to the router. I want my second satellite to connect to the first satellite (which is much closer than the router). Is there a way to force this?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Dd852
Luminary

Re: Both satellites connecting to the router

You need to have daisy chain enabled, of course... check to make sure it is! (advanced tab>advanced setup> wireless settings). Assuming it is, the satellites will attach to either the router or another satellite depending on which signal is stronger. I have had the experience of satellite 2 attaching to the router instead of the strong satellite 1 after a system restart (like upgrading the firmware) because of a timing issue - (in other words satelite 1 wasn't totally ready when satellite 2 was searching for a signal). That was easily fixed by simply unplugging and replugging satellite 2 for a simple restart once staellite 1 was totally up and running.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Dd852
Luminary

You need to have daisy chain enabled, of course... check to make sure it is! (advanced tab>advanced setup> wireless settings). Assuming it is, the satellites will attach to either the router or another satellite depending on which signal is stronger. I have had the experience of satellite 2 attaching to the router instead of the strong satellite 1 after a system restart (like upgrading the firmware) because of a timing issue - (in other words satelite 1 wasn't totally ready when satellite 2 was searching for a signal). That was easily fixed by simply unplugging and replugging satellite 2 for a simple restart once staellite 1 was totally up and running.  

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to visit the Orbi Pro forum next time:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Smiley Wink

@hvzhvz wrote:

Hello,
I have the Orbi Pro Router with two satellites.
I have a problem with both my satellites connecting to the router. I want my second satellite to connect to the first satellite (which is much closer than the router). Is there a way to force this?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements