Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access router configuration page also DHCP is giving out IP's slow

oxyIT
Aspirant

Can't access router configuration page also DHCP is giving out IP's slow

This is all I can get even though I am trying to access with the local ip

Hmmm… can't reach this page

It looks like the webpage at (local IP) might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_SSL_KEY_USAGE_INCOMPATIBLE

As for the second part of my topic, it takes a good minute since firmware version 4.3.2.100 to connect a device to the internet. 
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
quagmire1
Luminary

Re: Can't access router configuration page also DHCP is giving out IP's slow

@oxyIT wrote:

It looks like the webpage at (local IP) might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Known issue.  See:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Chrome-Certificate/m-p/2347230#M65...

There is a workaround in that thread, or you can use Firefox. Ultimately, it's up to Netgear to fix this.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The post does not describe the URL that it being opened.

Message 2 of 10
oxyIT
Aspirant

It would not let me post with the URL in my original post but I can try local 192.168.1.1 but also routerlogin.net does not work either. 

Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for the information.  Yes, this forum software does not accept HTTP unless it is specifically entered using this symbol on the menu bar:

CrimpOn_0-1706600785180.png

The Orbi Domain Name Service (DNS) module intercepts several search requests (orbilogin.com, orgilogin.net, etc.) and returns the IP address of the router itself.  This is often 192.168.1.1, but when the Orbi router is connected to another router that has created a LAN subnet of 192.168.1.x, the Orbi creates a LAN of 10.0.0.x

What device is being used to access the Orbi web administration?  (PC? Mac? tablet? smart phone?)

The correct IP address to use is the "gateway IP" that has been returned by the DHCP process.

On a Windows PC, the config /all command reveals what this IP address is.

Message 4 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

p.s. I forgot the "obvious".  If the IP address assigned to the device trying to open the Orbi web interface is xx.xx.xx.##, then the IP address of the router is going to be xx.xx.xx.1

Message 5 of 10
oxyIT
Aspirant

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Should Note I'm connected via Ethernet to the Router.

I had already checked that, I am connecting with a pc and was able to get logged into via Firefox, I'm going to assume there is something in Edge preventing me from even getting to the login page, usually on the page I have to deal with the HTTPS and allowing it to connect since no web browser will accept the Netgear self signed certificate. Just strange that after allowing it, then I get that error and it will refuse to load the webpage.

I also may have discovered what is causing my DHCP issues. Since I was able to log in through Firefox. 

Should also note: fresh install windows 11 (and full updated) so edge was the quick option at the moment to check for dhcp issues at the time since I was originally only having issues on the PC but it then spread to other devices. 

Message 6 of 10
quagmire1
Luminary

@oxyIT wrote:

Known issue.  See:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Chrome-Certificate/m-p/2347230#M65...

There is a workaround in that thread, or you can use Firefox. Ultimately, it's up to Netgear to fix this.

Message 7 of 10
oxyIT
Aspirant

The workaround in that thread did not work unfortunately. I will just continue to use firefox till hopefully this issues gets updated / fixed.

Message 8 of 10

The delete Local State is no longer working in chrome.

Message 9 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@TampaBaySailor wrote:

The delete Local State is no longer working in chrome.

Correct, useless workaround anyway.

Appropriate workaround there. Either way, Netgear and many other vendors need to update the self-signed certificates including the usage bits.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements