Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

qskillzwfu25
Tutor

Can you change the subnet of orbi pro for both 2g and 5g radio bands as well as create separate ssid

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System AC3000 (SRK60)
Message 1 of 5
colinmhall
Aspirant

Re: Can you change the subnet of orbi pro for both 2g and 5g radio bands as well as create separate

I have a similar question.  We operate 3 independent subnets (192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.3.0/24).  Can the SRK60 segregate the 3 networks? (we use a Vigor2832 at the moment)?

Thanks in advance

Colin

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 2 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can you change the subnet of orbi pro for both 2g and 5g radio bands as well as create separa...

Hi colinmhall,

Welcome to our community!

SRK60 doesn't support 802.1q VLAN. It can only handle one network on both radio frequencies. You may need a router that supports VLAN in order to handle 3 subnets.

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can you change the subnet of orbi pro for both 2g and 5g radio bands as well as create separa...

@colinmhall,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can you change the subnet of orbi pro for both 2g and 5g radio bands as well as create separate

Hello  colinmhall,

I appreciate your question and inquiry about Orbi Pro. I will add this to our backlog and we will definitely consider it.

what would be helpful is a use case to describe the case where you are utilizing these different subnets.

Best Regards,

Orbi Pro Product Management

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements