Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot answer questions to my post - can't even get to my post

pipm
Aspirant

Cannot answer questions to my post - can't even get to my post

Hi all,

I'm putting this post out here as I really don't know what else I can do. I put a post out in June about connection issues to my SRS60's and I recieved an email saying that a moderator has asked me a question. I'd like to answer the question, so

In the email is an apparent link to my post:

Hi pipm,

DaneA (NETGEAR Moderator) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

Re: SRS60 Satellites not being utilised

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot answer questions to my post - can't even get to my post

@pipm,

Not sure what happened to your previous post.  I also cannot find it and I'm still checking on it. 

I got your private message.  As I recall, you mentioned on your previous post that all of your Orbi Pro devices are on the latest firmware version which is v2.5.2.104.  Found out that there is a known issue on this firmware wherein after you have updated the firmware on the Orbi Pro router (SRR60), the existing wireless clients are steered to the SRR60.  It is because the wireless readiness in the SRR60 is faster than the wireless readiness in the Orbi Pro satellite (SRS60).  The workaround for this known issue is by the time you observed slower throughput or a weaker signal on the connected wireless clients, you will need to reconnect it and it should connect to the nearest SRS60 where the wireless client is located.

As reference, kindly read the release notes of Orbi Pro firmware v2.5.2.104 here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@pipm,

Not sure what happened to your previous post.  I also cannot find it and I'm still checking on it. 

I got your private message.  As I recall, you mentioned on your previous post that all of your Orbi Pro devices are on the latest firmware version which is v2.5.2.104.  Found out that there is a known issue on this firmware wherein after you have updated the firmware on the Orbi Pro router (SRR60), the existing wireless clients are steered to the SRR60.  It is because the wireless readiness in the SRR60 is faster than the wireless readiness in the Orbi Pro satellite (SRS60).  The workaround for this known issue is by the time you observed slower throughput or a weaker signal on the connected wireless clients, you will need to reconnect it and it should connect to the nearest SRS60 where the wireless client is located.

As reference, kindly read the release notes of Orbi Pro firmware v2.5.2.104 here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
pipm
Aspirant

Thanks @DaneA this is exactly the behaviour I am seeing -  I can let everyone know the workaround.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements