Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Combine all 3 wireless?

bigwave111
Follower

Combine all 3 wireless?

I only need one network using my SXK80's (which are not an option in the model pull-down). There are three wireless networks available. Does it make sense to turn on all three wireless networks with the same SSID and the same VLAN grouping (default)? Woulld that yield better performance/redundancies, or only cause network confusion?

Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 10.18.04 AM.png

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Combine all 3 wireless?

@bigwave111 wrote:

I only need one network using my SXK80's.

This is what you have configured - perfectly on the spot.

@bigwave111 wrote:

There are three wireless networks available. Does it make sense to turn on all three wireless networks with the same SSID and the same VLAN grouping (default)?

No. All the networks are operating on the very same shared media (air), the same bandwidth, radios, the same wireless or wired backhaul. 

@bigwave111 wrote:

Woulld that yield better performance/redundancies, or only cause network confusion?

Even if the UI would allow this configuration (especially the same SSID - having multiple SSIDs on one VLAN is always possible), there would not be any advantage. It would just add complexity for the wireless clients.making more virtual APs available, under a different wireless MAC (BSSID).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements