Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuration with ORBI PRO SXK30 dual router

Davide_1
Aspirant

Configuration with ORBI PRO SXK30 dual router

Good morning,

I'm looking for help setting up my ORBI router, currently the network infrastructure is set up as follows:

• MODEM/ROUTER - ISP (to which I don't have access) IP: 192.168.1.1
    Ethernet connection
  • AP/Switch (D-link DIR-626L) IP: 192.168.1.99
    Ethernet connection
  • ORBI router IP: 192.168.2.1 (connected to IP: 192.168.1.2)

From what I understand it is a bad configuration, and I would like some help on how to configure the various devices.

The modem router has DHCP active, the AP/switch obviously doesn't, and the available IPs are practically all exhausted.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Configuration with ORBI PRO SXK30 dual router

@Davide_1 wrote:

Good morning,

I'm looking for help setting up my ORBI router, currently the network infrastructure is set up as follows:

• MODEM/ROUTER - ISP (to which I don't have access) IP: 192.168.1.1
    Ethernet connection
  • AP/Switch (D-link DIR-626L) IP: 192.168.1.99 < Maybe swap this out for a 1Gb LAN switch. (GS-105 or 108)
    Ethernet connection
  • ORBI router IP: 192.168.2.1 (connected to IP: 192.168.1.2) <If you want the modem router to be the host rotuer, then configured AP mode on the Orbi Pro system.

Message 2 of 7
Davide_1
Aspirant

Network Home.pngThank you for the answer.

So some more consideration:

MODEM/ROUTER - ISP (to which I don't have access) IP: 192.168.1.1
Ethernet connection AP/Switch (D-link DIR-626L) IP: 192.168.1.99 < Maybe swap this out for a 1Gb LAN switch. (GS-105 or 108)

Unluckly I can only manage the device but not changet becouse is serves as anaccess point for another apparment
Ethernet connection ORBI router IP: 192.168.2.1 (connected to IP: 192.168.1.2) <If you want the modem router to be the host rotuer, then configured AP mode on the Orbi Pro system.

So If i understad correctly i can:

• Keep it as a router an do a doble NAT
  • Set it as an access point, in this option i'll be able to create different Vlan (device and IOT)?
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

@Davide_1 wrote:

Thank you for the answer.

So some more consideration:

MODEM/ROUTER - ISP (to which I don't have access) IP: 192.168.1.1
Ethernet connection AP/Switch (D-link DIR-626L) IP: 192.168.1.99 < Maybe swap this out for a 1Gb LAN switch. (GS-105 or 108)

Unluckly I can only manage the device but not changet becouse is serves as anaccess point for another apparment <Ok.
Ethernet connection ORBI router IP: 192.168.2.1 (connected to IP: 192.168.1.2) <If you want the modem router to be the host rotuer, then configured AP mode on the Orbi Pro system.

So If i understad correctly i can:

• Keep it as a router an do a doble NAT <Yes, however you chose do this, you may want to sue the Modems DMZ for the SXR router in this mode.
  • Set it as an access point, in this option i'll be able to create different Vlan (device and IOT)? <I believe so. I haven't ran AP mode on mine in awhile and don't remmber what features are supported in AP mode.

Message 4 of 7
Davide_1
Aspirant

I'll try and i post the solution.

I've also posted an image of the "infrastructure".

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try to get a more direct connection between the ISP Modem and SXR router if possible. You could still put in a GS 105 switch where and connect both the SXR and DIR devices here...or if you can put in a separate line between the SXR and ISP modem.

Message 6 of 7
Davide_1
Aspirant

I've tried both solution AP mode and Router.

The second instantly generate a conflict and not able anymore to access the wifi and the configuration page on the router and i dont know why, The IP change to 10.0.0.1, is correct that the subnetmask stay 255.255.255.0?

The first one work great and i'm able to do everything the only problem is that i can generate different SSID but i cannot assosciate it with a VLAN because the LAN configuration page is grayed out.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements