Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting two satellites by ethernet?

askvictor
Initiate

Connecting two satellites by ethernet?

I'm setting up a new Orbi pro system. We have two offices separated by about 15m, and want to have one network across them. I have the router (SRR60) connected in one office, and want the two satellites (one SRS60, one SRC60) and in the other office. The backhaul between the offices will be wifi, but is there any advantage is connecting the two satellites with an ethernet cable? If I do this, is there any configuration that's required, or will one satellite pick up the configuration from the other? (I'm figuring I'll sync the SRS60 to the SRR60, then plug the SRC60 into the SRS60 without syncing the SRC60)

[Internet]----ethernet----[SRR60] )))  wifi backhaul  ((( [SRS60]----ethernet----[SRC60] 

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Connecting two satellites by ethernet?

I would try both options. 

reason why is that version does support daisy chaining. 

but if the connection between the 2 satellites is sketchy, the hardwired connection might be a better option. 

Sadly, you don't really know until you test it. 

And it should auto-negotiate if its hardwired in to use that connection. 

Message 2 of 3
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Connecting two satellites by ethernet?

It is doable and recommended. Wired connection can avoid wireless interference and be more stable. No configuration is needed. Just wire the satellite which would  automatically decide to be a wireless or wired satellite.

Bruce

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements