Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Content filtering not working as it should

ADoppel
Tutor

Content filtering not working as it should

Hi

We have a SRR60 and two satellites in our shop/café. I purchased the content filtering add-on when it was released recently. I've only set it to block "phishing/fraud" and "spyware and malicious sites". However, it keeps blocking all kinds of sites. The shop staff send me photos after photo showing totally normal domains getting blocked, and they are even categorized in "finance", "social networking", etc. that are not set to be blocked.

Also, it seems like the domain merchextranet1.test.example.com has been filtered 141 700 times in a day, using up most of the capacity. Can't understand that anyone in the shop/café is accessing this so many times.

So in total, this content filtering systems seems quite bad to be honest, I'm considering just asking for a refund, I had to turn off the whole thing now because it kept blocking all kinds of websites. Does anyone have a better experience?

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Content filtering not working as it should

Hi

2.6.2.200 Firmware is buggy.....keeps breaking the connection to  the Internet.... 

Something to do with a DNS?     

Suggestion is to manually downgrade to 2.6.0.108 (previous version)....

It will remove the content blocking (whcih seems like is is not working. surprize....surprize...

This is the second time Netgear released a production FW that is buggy......

Good luck

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements