Extend range to 200 linear feet.

TECman51
Tutor

Extend range to 200 linear feet.

I received the 3 piece SRK60 to serve our home and 2 guest/rental units.  They are 75' and 200' respectively, away from the router and about 30' less from a satellite.  I choose the Pro model to totally isolate these units from the house.  The signal is not strong enough to provide adequate coverage.  I know I could buy the outdoor satelitte but wondered if a more directional, high output extender would be better.  Can I connect an Ethernet cable to an existing satelitte to the extender?  Maybe something like this (Ubiquiti UAP-AC-M-US Unifi Mesh Access Point).  Suggestions welcome.

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Extend range to 200 linear feet.

Hi @TECman51,

Can I connect an Ethernet cable to an existing satelitte to the extender?  

The Orbi Pro supports ethernet backhaul which allows Orbi Pro satellites to be directly connected to the Orbi Pro router using an ethernet cable.  

Also, the Orbi Pro supports daisy-chain topology which allows Orbi Pro satellites to connect to other Orbi Pro satellites or to the Orbi Pro router.

Be reminded that the maximum distance to run the CAT5e cable is 100m (328 feet). 

If ever your Orbi Pro WiFi System is not yet on the latest firmware version, I suggest you to upgrade it.  The latest firmware is v2.3.0.0 and you can download it here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements