Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firm ware update for SRS60 not working is there a way to download it manual

FTI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firm ware update for SRS60 not working is there a way to download it manual

I have updated all my orbi devices SRR60, SRC60, and SRS60, but I have another SRS60 that doesn't update, it goes thru the update procedure but log in to the SRS60 show 2.7.0.122 and I am trying to updated to 2.7.1.108. So is there a way to manual install the update

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

All of the other Orbi units have a manual update procedure.

• Download the desired firmware from https://www.netgear.com/support/ 
  • Unpack the zip file to extract the firmware files. (different files for router and satellite)
  • Connect a web browser directly to the satellite using the IP address of the satellite.
  • Select the menu item Firmware Update.
  • Follow the directions (Browse to location of firmware image on your computer, etc. etc.)

Can you try that?

Message 2 of 4
FTI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have tried that, that's the way I updated my other orbi's, I wanted to hook up the SRS60 outside the network and hardwire to my laptop and log in with IP address and upload the firmware, I tried resetting the SRS60 but it never rolls back the firmware, thanks for your help  

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

I think you've gone too far.  If the satellite is not on the network, I have no idea what IP address it will have. (192.168.1.250?) Wired directly to a computer with ethernet cable is the way to use TFTP to force firmware on the device.

My intention was to use the network to get directly to the web interface of the satellite.  This bypasses the router update mechanism.

If you have it on the network now (with the firmware that you want to change), can you try using a web browser to go directly to the satellite IP address web interface?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements