Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Frequent Connectivity Issues After Upgrading SXR80 + Satellites to 3.2.3.100 Firmware

wesmithjr100
Guide

Frequent Connectivity Issues After Upgrading SXR80 + Satellites to 3.2.3.100 Firmware

This past Saturday, I upgraded my Orbi Pro Wifi6 environment (1 router + 2 satellites) to the 3.2.3.100 firmware release as it was supposed to fix an issue I had previously come across/had reported. While that issue does appear resolved, I'm now having a more significant issue.  Roughly every 4-6 hours since yesterday afternoon, devices connected via Wifi to the main router have been losing Internet connectivity.  When I go visually check the router, the magenta light is on, thus indicating an Internet connectivity issue though both yesterday and overnight when this issue apparently surfaced again, I never received any Insight alerts noting a connectivity issue.  I only became aware of one when I checked the LED on the router or the Web UI / Insight app, which showed the router having a "Disconnected" status while both my satellites were online.   I've also found that when Wifi devices connected to my router were having connectivity issues, at least one of my wired devices along still had did.   I also didn't see any indications of connectivity issues with Wifi devices connected to any of my satellites either.

To address the connectivity issues, I've had to power cycle the router several times to this point.  I did try simply rebooting from the Insight app last night when the issue occurred that didn't seem to help (or perhaps I simply didn't wait long for it to fully come up).  In any case, the only real change over the past few days has been the installation of the new firmware release.

I'd be inclined to just revert back to the prior firmware release but not sure that's a viable option or not.   

Appreciate any thoughts/comments on what the issue might be as I'm a bit stumped at the moment.

Bill

Message 1 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Frequent Connectivity Issues After Upgrading SXR80 + Satellites to 3.2.3.100 Firmware

Hi @wesmithjr100 

Could you please send me the debug logs by accessing thru https://<IP address of router or satellite>/debug.htm

Click on start capture -> recreate the issue -> wait for few minutes before you save the debug logs. Send me the logs via PM ( upload into google drive or something similar) .

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 7
wesmithjr100
Guide

I'll go ahead and enable debug now on my router but it will probably be another few hours before a recurrence based on the pattern to date. I'll then save the debug after that and make available to you via PM

Bill

Message 3 of 7
wesmithjr100
Guide

Tried tagging @RaghuHR in prior reply but wouldn't let me post with it

Message 4 of 7
wesmithjr100
Guide

@RaghuHR PM with more info just sent to you

Message 5 of 7
algonline
Initiate

I don't think this is due to the 3.2.3.100 firmware.  I started having this same problem on the 14th after the time change.  Upgraded to 3.2.3.100 and was still running into this problem every few hours.  I disabled Automatically adjust for daylight savings time and have not had an issue since.  See this thread.  https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/m5l3vk/orbi_dropping_dns/

Message 6 of 7
wesmithjr100
Guide

Agreed - at the time I created the post the firmware upgrade was the most recent / significant action I had taken so I initially linked the two together. Based on conversations with Netgear support and other postings here and elsewhere, it's clear it was a bug related to DST.   Netgear suggested toggling the traffic counter setting to reset at 1 AM vs default 00:00 and that seems to have worked for me as an interim workaround at least

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements