Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Home Setup

BE2181
Tutor

Home Setup

Using the above devices, I have set up my home system.   The router and satellites are hardwired; however, the satellites do not appear as such on either the Insight app nor the webpage.  On the Insight app both display a mesh-link status: Disconnected.  On the webpage, the both display in the wireless, not wired, section of attached devices.  The wifi signal is strongest at the router and dissipates as you move further away in the home.  The signal does not get stronger near the satellites as one would expect.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Message 1 of 8
BE2181
Tutor

Apologies but the equipment was not included.  

Orbi Pro Router: SRR60

Orbi Pro Satellite: SRS60

Orbi Pro Satellite: SRC60

Thank you

Message 2 of 8
plemans
Guru

are the satellites running through a switch? 

Or are they directly wired to the router? 

Message 3 of 8
BE2181
Tutor

The router feeds a switch. The satellites are plugged into sockets supplied by the switch.
Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

what switch is it? 

Message 5 of 8
BE2181
Tutor

Araknis 210 series web smart gigabyte switch AN-210-SW-R-8-PoE
Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

Looks like a managed switch. Some people have reported issues on managed switches. 

Does the same thing happen if you're using a unmanaged switch or if the satellites are direct wired to the router? 

Never used the switch but if it has any igmp, disable it. 

Message 7 of 8
BE2181
Tutor

Well, in successive weeks, each of my SRS60 satellites have died.  These items might be a year old, and they just stopped working.  Had them plugged into surge protectors.  One might have happened the day following a storm; however, its been snowing all day when the second one died.  The green light on the back is on, indicating AC power.  Unfortunately, no LED lights come on.  The satellites are not recognized even when connected directly to the router with ethernet.  Can't say that I'm ever going to plop down more money with Orbis.  This seemed like a great system with the optional ceiling mount, which I need for my back patio.  Back to the drawing board. Either different brand system or possibly just over to the Verizon 5G experience.  Thanks for everyone's help

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements