Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Rennce
Guide

How do you get a refund?

Purcashed this kit for 2 reasons 1) Coverage 2) Parental Controls.  Coverage is fine despite slipping between 2.4 and 5 within close range. However, Parental Controls are missing. I had assumed (wrongly) that Disney Circle was available on the PRO. But it is not and that is my bad for not doing a detailed review. However, the manual for the Orbi Pro states that Parental Controls are available via myGenie. So loaded that and it states that Parental Controls are not supported by this device. 

Hence, how does one get a refund on this new and expensive devcie without going to the ACCC?

And I do agree with other posters that the Wifi-2 (Employee Wifi) is next to useless if you cant access any other devices such as printer/storage.

Regards

Rennce

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How do you get a refund?

Hi @Rennce,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  There will be a revision of the Orbi Pro user manual but there is no ETA yet on when it will be posted on the Orbi Pro product support page. 

About the Employee network, refer to forum link below and read the explanation of johgm with regard to the Employee network:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Connect-with-the-SMB-GM/Orbi-Pro-Three-Networks/m-p/1562652

About the refund, you may try to return the Orbi Pro device from the store where you have purchased it and ask for a refund.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Rennce
Guide

Hello @DaneA

Thanks for the reply. However can you state whether the manual is misleading in terms of describing functions that are actually not supported? Stating the manual will be updated won’t really cut it here. I will speak with the supplier re a refund and look to have netgear meet any postage costs. However it may be more appropriate to lodge a case with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.

Regards
Rennce
Message 3 of 5
woofdriver
Initiate

I agree. This system is useless.  I have put up with it's issues for too long.  And waited for fixes from Netgear for too long.  Now I am past 30days with supoplier and I can't return it.  IF I ever buy Netgear again, I will return it IMEADIATELY at the first sign of issues.  I will never trust Netgear to resolve issues again....

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 5
Twebb51
Aspirant

I'm feeling the same way...satellites wont stay connected...regular reboots needed.

I'm tired of waiting for this expensive system to be fixed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements