How many speakers that ORBI will be running?

MACDIV
Aspirant

How many speakers that ORBI will be running?

Hi ,
i need to have a wireless home network that i could use to play music wireless on my wireless speaker system with a number of 40 speaker units simultaneously ...Will ORBI 3000 work or i need a wireless router and or couple of switches or hubs ...

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How many speakers that ORBI will be ruining

Hi MACDIV,

Welcome to our community!

My apologies, but I'm not that familiar on setting up wireless speaker system. May you be able to explain what would be the role of the Orbi on this? Was the Orbi will only be providing a WLAN to your speakers so that they can communicate to each other and will also be handling its IP address?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
MACDIV
Aspirant

((Was the Orbi will only be providing a WLAN to your speakers so that they can communicate to each other and will also be handling its IP address?))

Yes it will only provide a WiFi for them ,,,I just need to know will they work all together on the ORBI or they going to be Overload  for the access point ..Please advice

Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@MACDIV,

I believe this RBK50 or Orbi 3000 can handle upto 250 clients connected over the wifi. So definitely, it can handle your 40 speakers.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
MACDIV
Aspirant

So 250 clint can connect all together ....Thats very good ,,But is the audio streaming will not going to take all the band width for the internal network ....the Audio is 296Kb/s and 24Bit resolution

Message 5 of 6
ronanh2002
Star

Okay basic math here

1 Mbs = 1024 Kbs

you have 40 speakers with audio resolution of 296KBs/per speaker or 2.3125 MBs

So 2.3125 x 40 = 92.5 MBs required for simultanious audio streaming.

The Orbi is rated at 

• 1.7 Gbps Dedicated Backhaul
  • 3 Gbps Combined WiFi Speed
  • 5,000 sq ft CoverageUntitled.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements