Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to design a solution

Peshi
Aspirant

How to design a solution

I have a block of 13 apartments over 3 floors.

I need to have wifi on each floor in the comunal areas.

So I need to know which product I need to purchase. Ive treid BT mesh disc in UK but there are unreliable and designed for homes.

1. To share with tenants (this is the least important and can be removed)

2. CCTV (must have)

3. Access control  (must have)

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
nmhTester
NETGEAR Expert

Since your primary use case is "communal area". 

Check out these two choices

1) OrbiPro (SRK60 and RBSY50) you can have up to 5 or 6 satellites for one base. 

2)BR500+GC78XP+WAC540/WAC564 should help you do this deployment.

(Router + Switch + Access points)

OrbiPro choice : System in a box.

Key considerations are the number of clients and also what kind of VLANs or isolations you need. OrbiPro is more prosumer product and does not do VLAN based separation. But is simple to deploy and does a great job when the number of clients is less than 50.

Insight choice : (Router + Switch + Access points)

If you need full VLAN based isolations,  Then try this option.

BR500+GC78XP+few of WAC540/WAC564 should help you do this deployment.

You have multiple choices in both GC switches and WAC500 series AP. 

You can do the deployment in many ways. Here is one of the suggestions to just give some idea.

In Insight pro account, you can create an Organization.

In the main common wiring closet.  have a BR500 and 28 or 52 port switch installed.

Run one cable to each of apartments, few to the common corridor and CCTV cameras.

Each of 13 apartments can be one location with one WAC564 AP. This will allow each tenant to have their own SSID  and 3 wired ports.

For the commonplace can be one more location, you can have BR500, 28 or 52 port switch and few WAC540 for Wifi. If need be (based off the distances the cable needs to run, you can take 8 port PoE+ switches in some of these apartment complexes).

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
BretD
Admin

If you have 13 apartments to cover, I'd definitly consider something like the NETGEAR Insight WAC5XX Series WiFi access Points powered by Insight PoE Switches to run the cameras and IP CCTV system. Maybe similar to what was done in this article: https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Insight-Network/My-Netgear-Insight-Setup/m-p/1699465/highli...

Have you spoken with a system integrator yet?

Message 2 of 4
nmhTester
NETGEAR Expert

Since your primary use case is "communal area". 

Check out these two choices

1) OrbiPro (SRK60 and RBSY50) you can have up to 5 or 6 satellites for one base. 

2)BR500+GC78XP+WAC540/WAC564 should help you do this deployment.

OrbiPro choice : System in a box.

Key considerations are the number of clients and also what kind of VLANs or isolations you need. OrbiPro is more prosumer product and does not do VLAN based separation. But is simple to deploy and does a great job when the number of clients is less than 50.

Insight choice : (Router + Switch + Access points)

If you need full VLAN based isolations,  Then try this option.

BR500+GC78XP+few of WAC540/WAC564 should help you do this deployment.

You have multiple choices in both GC switches and WAC500 series AP. 

You can do the deployment in many ways. Here is one of the suggestions to just give some idea.

In Insight pro account, you can create an Organization.

In the main common wiring closet.  have a BR500 and 28 or 52 port switch installed.

Run one cable to each of apartments, few to the common corridor and CCTV cameras.

Each of 13 apartments can be one location with one WAC564 AP. This will allow each tenant to have their own SSID  and 3 wired ports.

For the commonplace can be one more location, you can have BR500, 28 or 52 port switch and few WAC540 for Wifi. If need be (based off the distances the cable needs to run, you can take 8 port PoE+ switches in some of these apartment complexes).

Message 3 of 4
Peshi
Aspirant

Thanks  buit didnt understand most of that. But flats already built cant get cables in now.

I reraly need a profesional design on paper with quote or someone coming out to visit the site.

How do I find these companies to do this?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements