Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I just paid $73.83 for 1 Captive Portal upgrade credit and can not use on the SXK80?

BIG9MM
Apprentice

I just paid $73.83 for 1 Captive Portal upgrade credit and can not use on the SXK80?

Do you guys know if the SXK80 has the Captive Portal upgrade? I just paid $ 73.83. I know the Netgear Orbi Pro SRK60 had it.

On the purchase page they really should show which device allows you to utilize this instead of just guessing.  It’s like you’re paying for credits that you can’t use which becomes a headache.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061244/How-do-I-purchase-an-Insight-Instant-Captive-Portal-subscription

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: I just paid $73.83 for 1 Captive Portal upgrade credit and can not use on the SXK80?

Not available to my knowledge on the Orni Pro or the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 (yet, I guess). Not easy enough to find the appropriate list indeed,  https://www.netgear.com/business/services/insight/advanced-wireless-features/ does refer to the common Insight AP WAC5xx and WAX610/610Y only (the 620 has not made it to the list).

This is a subject for the Ntgr marketing and documentation team @YeZ 

Message 2 of 6
BIG9MM
Apprentice

@schumaku wrote:

Not available to my knowledge on the Orni Pro or the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 (yet, I guess). Not easy enough to find the appropriate list indeed,  https://www.netgear.com/business/services/insight/advanced-wireless-features/ does refer to the common Insight AP WAC5xx and WAX610/610Y only (the 620 has not made it to the list).

This is a subject for the Ntgr marketing and documentation team @YeZ 

Thank you for the link!

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BIG9MM,

Both of the Orbi Pro WiFi 5 and the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 devices does NOT support the Instant Captive Portal.  schumaku already provided the reference website and the Orbi Pro devices are not included.  

Also, on the article you have indicated on your initial post, if you click on the section that says "This article applies to:" it will show what NETGEAR devices supports the Instant Captive Portal.  Check the image below as reference:

How Do I Purchase an Insight Instant Captive Portal Subscription.jpg

If ever you have any of the NETGEAR Business Access Points listed on the supported devices, you may use the Instant Captive Portal with it.  Otherwise, you will need to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support to ask for a refund. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
BIG9MM
Apprentice

Message 5 of 6
BIG9MM
Apprentice

Why is it not on the "Captive Portal Subscriptions" page? 

NetGear listed on the Captive Portal Subscriptions with :

"Features"

Advance captive portal

Full customizable splash page

Rich media support on the splash page

Social login, PayPal-enabled access

How hard would it be to put a list of devices that it works with on the Captive Portal Subscriptions page as I do not have time looking on other pages as I am paying on the Captive Portal Subscriptions page? 

@DaneA wrote:

@BIG9MM,

Both of the Orbi Pro WiFi 5 and the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 devices does NOT support the Instant Captive Portal.  schumaku already provided the reference website and the Orbi Pro devices are not included.  

Also, on the article you have indicated on your initial post, if you click on the section that says "This article applies to:" it will show what NETGEAR devices supports the Instant Captive Portal.  Check the image below as reference:

How Do I Purchase an Insight Instant Captive Portal Subscription.jpg

If ever you have any of the NETGEAR Business Access Points listed on the supported devices, you may use the Instant Captive Portal with it.  Otherwise, you will need to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support to ask for a refund. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

"Features"

• Advance captive portal
  • Fully customizable splash page
  • Rich media support on the splash page
  • Social login, PayPal-enabled access
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies