Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IOT and Guest VLAN network isolation while in access point mode?

Creo72
Follower

IOT and Guest VLAN network isolation while in access point mode?

I have a Verizon FIOS G3100 router that I use as the DHCP server from my basement (192.168.x.x).

I then have an Orbi SXK30 in AP mode which provides total home coverage from its connected satellite's.

Im looking to activate the IOT and guest bands, however its pulling the same subnets from the Verizon router. If I apply the IOT Vlan profile (with network isolation), it does not pick up DHCP address'.  its pointless to turn off network isolation since thats the goal.

The question is can I run the SXK30 in AP mode and still have a VLAN DHCP scope with network iso on? or better to run in Router mode and have it control DHCP instead of the Verizon router? Don't really want to run separate subnets as I do have a few devices on the Verizon router that I want to communicate effortlessly with devices on the SXK30 (video cams, mobile controlled devices, etc).

Thanks for advice in advance

Message 1 of 2
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: IOT and Guest VLAN network isolation while in access point mode?

@Creo72,

Welcome to the community!

If the Verizon router is VLAN-aware, then it would be best to run the SXK30 in AP mode and set appropriate tagging on the router so the SXK30 on the IoT VLAN can pick up a DHCP IP address.

Otherwise, set the SXK30 to router mode.

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements