Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight says RBS50Y is connected but it isn't

dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Insight says RBS50Y is connected but it isn't

I'm still trying to get my RBS50Y to connect to my Orbi Pro SRR60 router.  It used to work fine until about 2 weeks ago.  Now nothing connects to it.

I have unplugged the RBS50Y and unplugged the Orbi Pro router.  Then plugged them both back in and waited 15 minutes.  The white lower light on the outdoor satelitte is solid white.  I have waited 30 minutes but nothing changes.

Using Insight on my phone, it says that the RBS50Y is connected.  Using the web portal to my router, it says that it isn't.

Which is it?  Why do the 2 systems vary?  Which do I trust?  I'm let to understand that I should be using the Insight app for my Orbi Pro, but it clearly isn't providing me with accurate information on my business wifi, and it is lacking in functionality (I can't see all 3 wireless SSID plus the guest portal; apparently this is a 'future feature').  And Insight claims that all my devices are on firmware 2.5.1.106.  Clearly, Insight is not talking to the actual devices when I start up the app.

So please don't tell me to use Insight as it clearly cannot be trusted.

The IP address of my satellite is listed as 192.168.1.243 and my other 2 indoor satellites are 239 and 204.

I am able to ping 192.168.1.239 and 192.168.1.204.  I do not get anything back when I ping 192.168.1.243.

All devices are aon firmware 2.5.2.104.

I have tried pressing the sync button on the back of the RBS50Y but it just goes to solid purple after trying to connect.  I have enabled the Sync Button via the web portal Advanced/Advanced Setup/Sync Button.

Up until 2 weeks ago this all worked fine.  Now it doesn't work.  I bought the Pro range because I run a business and I must have all my satellites working.  I don't expect these sort of problems from a commercial line of WiFi.

I don't know what else to do.  I have rebooted the boxes several times.  I have unplugged only the satellite several times while leaving the router plugged in.   I am not a network engineer and do not expect to be when I buy this level of equipment.  Apart from the simple general initial configuration, it should just work, as it has.  And continue working.

I cannot move the satellite and router closer together.  They have been professionally installed.  I don't see why this should be  necessary as they have worked fine.  Nothing has changed with either the configuration or the surrounding environment (walls, chairs, tables, etc.).  When they have connected in the past, it is always a strong connection.

I cannot enable 'debug' on the satellite because I cannot access it.

I have enabled debug on the router via https://192.168.1.1/debug.htm 'Start Debug Log Capture when boot up' and rebooted the router, waited 30 minutes, theen pressed 'save debug log'.  I  also have the log saved after pressing 'Save Debug Log' in https://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm (Advanced/Administration/Support).  Please tell me how to upload them.  This forum only allows photos etc to be attached.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Insight says RBS50Y is connected but it isn't

I did a factory reset of all devices, removed and re-added to Insight, and reconfigured from scratch.  I didn't restore any config backup.

It's all connecting now.

It's a shame I had to resort to this drastic action, but it seems to have worked.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Insight says RBS50Y is connected but it isn't

I did a factory reset of all devices, removed and re-added to Insight, and reconfigured from scratch.  I didn't restore any config backup.

It's all connecting now.

It's a shame I had to resort to this drastic action, but it seems to have worked.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements