Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is VLAN Tagging supported yet?

Bnjmn22
Aspirant

Is VLAN Tagging supported yet?

Hi, 

My ISP CenturyLink requires VLAN tagging for incoming packets. Does the SXK80 / Orbi Pro support it yet, or do I have to install a beta firmware still? 

Message 1 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Bnjmn22

Is this for IPTV? SXK80 supports VLAN tag/bridge settings if your ISP requires you to use VLAN tag. Here is the manual for the SXK80, you may check on page 87. You dont need to install a BETA Firmware.

HTH

Message 2 of 6
Bnjmn22
Aspirant

No, this is a custom VLAN tag 201. 

My original thread is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Need-help-with-Vlan-tagging-for-sx...

There was no solution except for a beta firmware at the time. Is that still the case? If so, what is the latest beta? 

Message 3 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Bnjmn22

Are you on the latest FW? The fix should have been applied to ver 4.2.1.120

Do you have an existing case about this issue? I will check on it if you have one, you can send me a PM regarding this info.

many thanks!

Message 4 of 6
Bnjmn22
Aspirant

Yes, I just upgraded to V4.2.2.130. Where do I set all external / incoming traffic to VLAN tag 201? 

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 6
capin
Tutor

Under Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> VLAN / Bridge Settings, I created a vlan named internet with a VLAN ID of 201 and network and client isolation turned on.

I assigned this vlan profile to my WAN port and it worked with CenturyLink fiber.

Also under internet setup I set the ISP to PPPoE and entered the login and password with connection mode always on.

This is firmware version V4.2.2.130 on SXR80 hardware.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements