Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with Orbi Pro SXR80 and SXS80

wnichols2
Aspirant

Issues with Orbi Pro SXR80 and SXS80

I recently upgraded my home wifi system to Orbi Pro 6, and it is working fairly well. However, I am having two main issues (which could be related). They are as follows:

1. Firmware Update: I am unable to update the firmware. I have tried from the Insight apps on my phone and tablet as well as through the Insight Cloud Portal. I have tried manual updates as well as scheduled updates. They always fail. 
  2. Connection for Satellites: Both of my satellites are physically connected to the router with Ethernet backhauls (CAT6), but they will only setup with wireless backhaul. One of them has severely diminished speed compared to the other because the connection is Fair at best given the distance to the router. How do I set these up with Ethernet backhaul only? 

I am not a professional user, so apologies if these are basic questions. I have tried everything within my capabilities and just need some guidance to get this great system running properly. Thank you for your help. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Issues with Orbi Pro SXR80 and SXS80

@wnichols2,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us try this.  Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Download the latest SXR80/SXS80 Firmware v3.2.3.100 here

2. Disconnect your SXR80/SXS80 from the existing network.

3. Manually update the firmware of the SXS80 then afterwards, update the firmware of the SXR80. 

4. Perform a factory reset on both SXR80 and SXS80.  Then, reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.

5. Check if the SXS80 will connect via ethernet backhaul.  Observe if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wnichols2,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us try this.  Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Download the latest SXR80/SXS80 Firmware v3.2.3.100 here

2. Disconnect your SXR80/SXS80 from the existing network.

3. Manually update the firmware of the SXS80 then afterwards, update the firmware of the SXR80. 

4. Perform a factory reset on both SXR80 and SXS80.  Then, reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.

5. Check if the SXS80 will connect via ethernet backhaul.  Observe if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
wnichols2
Aspirant

@DaneA

Thank you for the quick response. This is very helpful. A few quick questions are as follows (please pardon my beginner's knowledge):

• When you say disconnect from the network, do you intend for me to do that virtually through Insight? Or physically by disconnecting the Ethernet cables, including the one from the modem? Or both?
    • Should I delete my network in the Insight app as well? Sounds like I need to set it up from scratch in later steps. 
  • Regarding the manual update, I can download the firmware but am having trouble logging in to orbilogin.com. It tells me that I am not connected to the wifi network. I believe I need to be able to access this in order to manually update the firmware. Can I do this manual update through the Insight Cloud Portal perhaps? I have access to that. 

If I'm able to manually update the firmware, I can perform the factory resets and try to set up the network again. 

Appreciate your help. 

Will

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wnichols2,

What I mean is disconnect your Ori Pro WiFi 6 System from NETGEAR Insight.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
wnichols2
Aspirant

@DaneA ,

I am pleased to report that I have the system up and running with the latest firmware and Ethernet backhauls. Thank you for your help last week. 

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wnichols2,

You're welcome!!! 🙂  I'm glad to know that your Orbi Pro WiFi 6 System is up and running. 

Have a wonderful day ahead. 🙂  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements