Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NEW SXK80 Firmware version 3.3.0.122 notification false or missing

Mstrbig
Master

NEW SXK80 Firmware version 3.3.0.122 notification false or missing

This morning I received an email for new firmware upgrade, for my SXK80 system. 

Either there was a problem and Netgear pulled the updates, or there is a malfunction on their website, because when you click on the links, it goes to a Not Found page.

Anyone else get the notification?

Email received:

The following firmware is available to upgrade your device:

Firmware Details:
Model SXR80
Firmware Version: 3.3.0.122
Release notes:

SXK80 Firmware version 3.3.0.122

New Features

This firmware provides the following new features:

• Supports Business VPN service with Insight IM-6.3. This feature is available by subscription for devices in Insight-managed networks.
  • Adds power table for China.

Bug Fixes

This firmware addresses the following bugs:

• Fixes VPN pass-through issue in standalone mode
  • Fixes a crash issue on UL OFDMA in STA mode during AP operation
  • Other stability fixes for AP operation

Known Issues

This firmware contains the following known issues:

• After updating the router firmware, existing clients can be steered to the router because the wireless readiness in the router is faster than the wireless readiness in the satellite. Workaround: Connected clients might notice slower throughput or a weaker signal, which resolves when the user roams or reconnects.
  • WPA3-Enterprise might not work with iPhone 11 (supports 802.11ax) and above on iOS 14 and above. Workaround: Do not use WPA3-Enterprise.
  • The device UI can be accessed via the default VLAN network only. Workaround: Connect to a WiFi network that uses the default VLAN profile when you want to access the device UI.

Firmware Update Instructions

If the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 is connected to the Insight cloud, perform a firmware update through the firmware schedule policy, or manually perform a firmware update using the Insight app or device UI.

To update the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 firmware from the device UI, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click Documentation on the product page. We highly recommend updating the satellite firmware first, and then updating the router firmware.

After updating to the latest firmware, make sure to update your version of the NETGEAR Insight app for the best functionality and user experience.

Sincerely,

The NETGEAR Insight Team

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Architekt
Apprentice

Re: NEW SXK80 Firmware version 3.3.0.122 notification false or missing

I can't believe I didn't try that. Thanks for the info! Also just fyi looks like they fixed the links from the main download page: they now properly contain the .zip extension the above poster pointed out. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

No idea what link you are referring to. 

The v3.3.0.122 download is readily available along with the documentation on https://www.netgear.com/support/product/sxk80.aspx#download

Message 2 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@schumaku wrote:

No idea what link you are referring to. 

The v3.3.0.122 download is readily available along with the documentation on https://www.netgear.com/support/product/sxk80.aspx#download

Same link.

Did you bother to click on the link to see if it works?

Message 3 of 8
Architekt
Apprentice

Same issue here, neither the router nor satellite firmware for this version is downloadable. And yes, it's from the main router/satellite support page (as linked above by the other not-OP user) I just get a page with tiny text that simply says "Not found" with nothing else. You can see the URL of the router firmware that the "download" button took me to in this screenshot. I just got that exact same email and tried clicking the link as well as navigating there via the Netgear support page. It's the same URL to the main download page regardless. As a test, I right clicked the download link and hit save as: you get a file not found error as a result. Tried with several other web debugging tools too, the file just isn't there. Maybe there's just a lag between when they sent the email out (some automated thing tied to their build process) and when the actual files get pushed out live onto the servers? Who knows. 

Message 4 of 8
quagmire1
Luminary

I didn't get the email, but early this morning I got a push notification from the Insight iPhone app that a firmware update was available.  In the app I clicked on the update button, and got the firmware update. So far, so good.

Possibly the update is so new that they haven't gotten it up on the web site yet?  It is Sunday, after all.

Message 5 of 8
BIG9MM
Apprentice

I donwload from website before the email. :]

Message 6 of 8
quagmire1
Luminary

The "not found" is just because of a typo in the links. If you append ".zip" to the supplied links, they will work.

The correct links (which I found in the release notes):

SXR80: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SXK80/SXR80-signed-V3.3.0.122.zip

SXS80: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SXK80/SXS80-signed-V3.3.0.122.zip

Message 7 of 8
Architekt
Apprentice

I can't believe I didn't try that. Thanks for the info! Also just fyi looks like they fixed the links from the main download page: they now properly contain the .zip extension the above poster pointed out. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements