Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need to extend wifi without ethernet cables

Tabasco
Aspirant

Need to extend wifi without ethernet cables

Our church is a large brick and block structure. It is extremely expensive to run ethernet so I'm looking at Orbi Pro as an option. Here is my current setup moving from ISP to users:

Internet modem (SMCD3G) and service provided by Comcast

Ethernet cable runs from modem to a Dell SonicWall SOHO

Two ethernet cables run from the SonicWall to:

1) Netgear 16 port switch (from which all ethernet data ports in church are connected)

2) Netgear AP Wireless Management System WMS5316

There is an ethernet cable that runs from the WMW5316 to a Netgear ProSafe GS108P to which three Netgear WNDAP360 are attached with ethernet cables.

The three WNDAP360 are located: on the ceiling right outside the data closet, upstairs outside the office suite, and in a closet near the data closet, but an external antenna is installed that allows the signal to go down the hall toward our fellowship hall. (The two story building is about 80' long.

Last year I purchased and installed three AmpliFi MeshPoint HD to extend the wireless signals along that long hall thinking the wifi signal could skip along the meshpoints. (I did not install an AmpliFi router.)

I still need a stronger signal in our fellowship hall, though. I can't get ethernet into that room due to thick walls and fireproof doorways and fire walls.

Would Orbi work? Is there another option I haven't considered?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Tabasco,

Welcome to our community!

As per checking in here that you already have a WNDAP360 that supports point-to-point bridge feature so that you can place it anywhere you wanted as long as the signal is reached. No need to purchase orbi as you do already have a business AP.

Here is a reference for setting up wireless bridging(page 90).

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Tabasco,

Welcome to our community!

As per checking in here that you already have a WNDAP360 that supports point-to-point bridge feature so that you can place it anywhere you wanted as long as the signal is reached. No need to purchase orbi as you do already have a business AP.

Here is a reference for setting up wireless bridging(page 90).

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Tabasco,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
Tabasco
Aspirant

Yes, this is helpful information. I am curious, however, which models of Netgear access points I can consider that will work with the WNDAP360s that I already have. Is this model still active and available for purchase or has it been replaced with something that might be more powerful? I could install these along the hallway to get allow the signal to skip to the far reaches.

Message 4 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Tabasco,

You may also check the WAC720 and WAC730 model as they also support wireless bridging and they are one of  the latest models for APs which is already available in the market.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Tabasco,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements