Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Firmware Update not recognized by Router (IP) or Insights

Retired_Member
Not applicable

New Firmware Update not recognized by Router (IP) or Insights

Good Morning.

Not sure if it is just me....here is the backstory...

Netgear issued and email last week (via Insights) about Firmware update. 2.6.0.108 for the SRR60.  Great. Super, I love updates

When checking Insights ( Portal and the App), it reports my Firmware is up-to-date,  2.5.5.100.  .......Puzzled

When checking the Router via IP.....it reports "No new firmware version available."  .....More Puzzled.....

Checking the support page, for the SRK60 - there is the new firmware update for the router and the satellite.

I have DL the files....

But should not the router and more importantly "Insights" be telling me of the update?  Is there a disconnect here?

Cheers

DH

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: New Firmware Update not recognized by Router (IP) or Insights

@Retired_Member wrote:

Netgear issued and email last week (via Insights) about Firmware update. 2.6.0.108 for the SRR60.  Great. Super, I love updates

Appears the 2.6 version (mainly for Insight v6 feature update) was pushed to the live update. Trouble is that owners having Orbi Pro Ceiling Add-on Satellite (SRC60) could not sync because the new version isn't available yet - so forcing the live update was probably stopped.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Appears the 2.6 version (mainly for Insight v6 feature update) was pushed to the live update. Trouble is that owners having Orbi Pro Ceiling Add-on Satellite (SRC60) could not sync because the new version isn't available yet - so forcing the live update was probably stopped.  

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you @schumaku 

Understood.  Just a question - I have the updated FW for the router and satellite....should I go ahead and update manually or wait for the final release of the pushed production FW 2.6.0.108?   

It shouldnt matter right?

Cheers

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

It's perfectly fine released firmware.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos