Re: New Firmware V2.4.1.106 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

New Firmware V2.4.1.106 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes client status on the Attached Devices page.
  • Fixes the Satellite’s association time on the Attached Devices page.
  • Fixes the open network issue when changing WiFi 2 SSID on Insight.
  • Fixes minor string display issue in Set Password page.
  • Corrects help pages on Bandwidth Management per SSID, MAC ACL, Syslog Server.
  • Fixes the issue with Bandwidth Management per SSID accuracy, which was incorrect under some conditions. 
  • Changes the page refresh rate on the Attached Device page to 30 seconds.
  • Fixes MAC ACL issue with certain application traffic. (For example: QQ or WeChat)
  • Fixes Satellite support for Syslog.
  • Fixes Satellite status where it showed offline in Insight but online in the local browser interface.
  • Fixes SSID configuration so it can sync to the Satellite on Insight.
  • Fixes SMB Outdoor firmware version showing as 0.0.0.0 on the Firmware Update page.
  • Adds China power table on Outdoor firmware.

Known Issues:

• Although Bandwidth Management per SSID has been improved, there is still 10% possibility that the configuration doesn’t sync correctly. Workaround: Disable the setting, and then enable it again.
  • When Syslog server is already enabled, the Syslog fix on the Satellite may not take effect. Workaround: Disable the setting, and then enable it again.

Download Links:

SRR60 http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRR60-V2.4.1.106.zip

SRS60 http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRS60-V2.4.1.106.zip

SRC60 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRC60/SRC60-V2.4.1.106.zip

RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y-V2.4.1.106.zip

Firmware Update Instructions:

If the Orbi Pro is connected to the Insight cloud, perform a firmware update through the firmware schedule policy, or manually perform a firmware update using the Insight app or local browser interface.

To update the Orbi Pro firmware from the local browser interface, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click Documentation on the product page. We highly recommend updating the satellite firmware first, and then updating the router firmware.

After updating to the latest firmware, make sure to update your version of the NETGEAR Insight app for the best functionality and user experience.

Additional Firmware Update Instructions for RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro):

The Orbi Outdoor (RBS50Y) uses different firmware versions depending on which wireless system you use. As of 2.3.5.22, RBS50Y detects whether the Orbi Router is an Orbi Pro system, and if so, automatically updates to Orbi Pro-compatible firmware.

If the firmware version is showing 0.0.0.0 on RBS50Y, the system is preparing to update to the Orbi Pro-compatible firmware.orbi-pro-firmware.png

Message 1 of 16
davidcheok
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware V2.4.1.106 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

After update, the wireless2 settings defaults to Allow Employees to see each other even if it is disabled previously. Fix that please. It should remember previous settings. Same with DNS. It NEVER remembers previous DNS after a reboot.

Message 2 of 16
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@davidcheok 

We tried to reproduce your issue on 2.4.0.114 before, but can't reproduce it.

Could do you please sent your config to me by PM?

You may backup your config in Admin GUI->ADVANCED->Administration->Backup Settings

Message 3 of 16
davidcheok
Apprentice

@evan2 wrote:

@davidcheok 

We tried to reproduce your issue on 2.4.0.114 before, but can't reproduce it.

So your dns ip addresses do not revert back to default (i.e. collect from ISP)? Mine reverts to automatically collect from ISP everytime i set to Use these DNSes. So your tests with non-default ips never goes back to auto? Hmmm.. voodoo. hahaha

You may backup your config in Admin GUI->ADVANCED->Administration->Backup Settings

I have it backed up. Everything else is still there except for the dns addresses. Its going to be a hassle everytime i have to restore the addresses on each reboot. 

The option for employee visibility only reverts during firmware updates so its not so often.

Message 4 of 16
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@davidcheok 

Did you add your OrbiPro to Insight?

I can reproduce your issue after OrbiPro added to Insight, don't see the issue if not add to Insight.

Message 5 of 16
davidcheok
Apprentice

Will remove and see. Will update soon. Thanks.

Message 6 of 16
davidcheok
Apprentice

@evan2 wrote:

I can reproduce your issue after OrbiPro added to Insight, don't see the issue if not add to Insight.

@evan2 Confirmed the DNS addresses stay once the OrbiPro removed from Insight. Employee visibility however still resets to visible.

Message 7 of 16
AneeshCS
Tutor

My orbi srr60 blocks allowed devices in access control or mac acl after latest firmware update. 2.4.1.106.

Deviced connected shows allowed in access control but have no internet.
Message 8 of 16
davidcheok
Apprentice

@AneeshCS wrote:
My orbi srr60 blocks allowed devices in access control or mac acl after latest firmware update. 2.4.1.106.

Deviced connected shows allowed in access control but have no internet.

Try select all devices, allow and apply. It blocked one of my IoT devices too but after selecting and allowing again, it went through.

Message 9 of 16
AneeshCS
Tutor

Nothing works for me. After the firmware (2.4.1.106) update in robi pro srr60, the devices status not showing correct under attached devices. Its blocks allowed devices and allowed devices not get internet too.

I allowed the devices but it atomatically backs to block again.

Is anyone having same issue??

Message 10 of 16
davidcheok
Apprentice

@AneeshCS wrote:

Nothing works for me. After the firmware (2.4.1.106) update in robi pro srr60, the devices status not showing correct under attached devices. Its blocks allowed devices and allowed devices not get internet too.

I allowed the devices but it atomatically backs to block again.

Is anyone having same issue??

You sure your settings is set to Block all new devices so that the list becomes a whitelist? If its Allow new devices then the list becomes a blacklist. Alternatively try disable the ACL and see if they work then re-enable.

Message 11 of 16
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@davidcheok 

Employee visibility however still resets to visible.

=> Did you disable Employee visibility again after removed from Insight, 

Please disable again, then It can't change to enable after FW update.

Message 12 of 16
davidcheok
Apprentice

@evan2 wrote:

@davidcheok 

Employee visibility however still resets to visible.

=> Did you disable Employee visibility again after removed from Insight, 

Please disable again, then It can't change to enable after FW update.

Have disabled it. Will check again once i need to reboot. The reboot time is so long and tedious that ida rather wait till it really needs to be done before doing it. Hahaha. 

Message 13 of 16
thomassj101
Aspirant

Not able to enable remote management after firmware update to V2.4.1.106. Try using the apps on my phone it keep on display as "Something went wrong"

There was a problem enabling remote management, please try again or enable later.

Need help - everything was working fine before the upgrade

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 14 of 16
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@thomassj101 

Did you use Orbi APP? Orbi APP is used for Orbi desktop product, 

For OrbiPro, please use Netgear Insight app which can remote manage OrbiPro.

Message 15 of 16
thomassj101
Aspirant

Downloading Netgear insight and testing will update

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements