Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - SXK80 Series Firmware Version v3.3.0.124 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

New - SXK80 Series Firmware Version v3.3.0.124 Released

Security Fixes:

Fixes security vulnerabilities.
For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security/.

Download Link:

https://kb.netgear.com/000064587/SXR80-SXS80-Firmware-Version-3-3-0-124?language=en_US

Firmware Update Instructions:

If the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini devices are connected to the Insight cloud, perform firmware updates automatically through the firmware schedule policy, or manually perform a firmware update using the Insight app or device UI.

To update Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini router or satellite firmware from the device UI, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/, enter your model number in the search box, and click Documentation...

After updating to the latest firmware, make sure to update your version of the NETGEAR Insight app for the best functionality and user experience.

This article applies to:

Let us know how it works for you in this thread...

Message 1 of 9
phoenix10386
Tutor

Thank you for fixing whatever security issues you fixed. I have installed this, and seems everything is stable so far.

I was using 3.3.0.122 and I encountered two peculiar issues:

1. Satellite would connect to the router and display a blue bar LED and it would go off after 3 minutes. 

However, a few seconds later, the white LED would pulse, and go through the same motions as if the satellite rebooted. Factory reset did not solve this. 

2. Using Wireless 2 for printer. I keep that SSID enabled but broadcast disabled. After a restart, the SSID is enabled and broadcast. I have to disable the broadcast all over again. Is this a bug?

If that is relevant, I have not enabled (ticked the checkbox) the VLAN profile on either Wireless 1 or 2. Is that why the second wireless disrespects my choices?

I will try this with the latest update. Also, kindly advise, is it recommended I factory reset after each update to iron out any issues or is that just a feel-good myth?

Message 2 of 9
phoenix10386
Tutor

I have set VLANs for both Wireless 1 and 2, separately, and still Wireless 2 is broadcast upon restart. Positively a bug, unless I am somehow mistaken.

Message 3 of 9
Mstrbig
Master

Update was painless. Now let's hope some things are fixed. 

The only thing that happened after update is, I had to use the default password to log in, then change back to my chosen password. All  other parameters and personal settings were not changed.

Thank you @FURRYe38 for the link.

Message 4 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi 

Can you describe more to let us help you?

Message 5 of 9
Mstrbig
Master

Update:

Every time the router loses power, I have to reset the password, by using serial number, then answering security questions and then pick new password. This was not happening before firmware update.

Message 6 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Is your device managed by Insight? If yes, the password is provisioned by Insight. You can find device password in Insight -> Location. If you change password in local GUI, it will be overriden.

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

@Mstrbig Ya make sure that if you setup the SXR that the PW is the same as what is set on the Insight app. I also ran into this where I couldn't log in to my SXR30 for unknown reasons when I knew I had the right PW values. @BruceGuo mentioned to me that if the password on the Insight app is different, and you open this app, it will change the PW on the SXR to what Insight has set. 

@BruceGuo Would be nice to have support site KB article regarding this to use as support and forum reference/reminder. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements