× Get weekly deals on business products. Shop Ethernet Switches and more In the NETGEAR Store
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors

Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Highlighted
Admin

Now Shipping: Orbi Pro Mesh WiFi Ceiling Satellite

april_orbi ceiling_tw.jpg

The 2019 CES Innovation Awards honoree, NETGEAR Orbi Pro Mesh WiFi Ceiling Satellite, which wirelessly connects with the Orbi Pro Router or any other Orbi Pro satellite via the patented FastLane3 technology providing a dedicated wireless backhaul for environments where wiring is challenging. The Insight managed, Orbi Pro Ceiling Satellite is now available worldwide for $249.99 in the US from VARs and online retailers.

The Add-on Orbi Pro Ceiling Satellite SRC60 is a high-performance business Tri-band AC3000 Mesh WiFi Satellite. It extends WiFi coverage up to 2,500 square feet to your existing Orbi Pro with the same network name & seamless roaming

It can be controlled via remote centralized cloud monitoring and management with NETGEAR Insight app or Cloud Portal

Read the full Press Release to see other SMB products now shipping:Orbi-Pro-Ceiling.png

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted

Re: Now Shipping: Orbi Pro Mesh WiFi Ceiling Satellite

1) Will new ceiling satellite work with Orbi Pro Router over POE? I.e., do I need to plug in this ceiling satellite to power outlet or will it work off power provided by the installed Orbi Pro Router through an ethernet cable?

2) Will new ceiling satellite release the backhaul wireless to be used as fronthaul if wired to Orbi Pro Router? I.e., will the 1733 capacity be available to provide bandwidth to our computers, ipads, etc. if using wired backhaul.

Thank you

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Guru

@Kristopher wrote:

1) Will new ceiling satellite work with Orbi Pro Router over POE? I.e., do I need to plug in this ceiling satellite to power outlet or will it work off power provided by the installed Orbi Pro Router through an ethernet cable?

The SRC60 requires PoE+ (IEEE 802.3at) to power over the network cable, a AC/DC power supply is provided in the box. To my knowledge, there is no Orbi Pro offering any PoE/PoE+/... 

@Kristopher wrote:

2) Will new ceiling satellite release the backhaul wireless to be used as fronthaul if wired to Orbi Pro Router? I.e., will the 1733 capacity be available to provide bandwidth to our computers, ipads, etc. if using wired backhaul.

Does any Orbi Pro (router, satellite) currently allow to convert the backhaul interface if operated in a full Ethernet backhaul set-up? Not that I know. What'if somebody does want to add say an Orbi Outdoor Satellite, or a non-wired Orbi Pro Satellite?

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

Curious - because if Orbi router doesn't support poe+ required by ceiling satellite, then... how will Orbi Pro target market of small businesses with limited tech budget/knowledge use the poe feature in ceiling satellite?

https://kb.netgear.com/000060609/SRC60-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-8 

Firmware notes for ceiling satellite implies it does allow for use of backhaul as fronthaul if wired to router - wanted confirmation from Netgear. This could make ceiling satellite much more interesting than the prior satellite.

I appreciate any and all feedback - deciding if new ceiling satellite is a worthy upgrade or not for us.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Guru

@Kristopher wrote:

Curious - because if Orbi router doesn't support poe+ required by ceiling satellite, then... how will Orbi Pro target market of small businesses with limited tech budget/knowledge use the poe feature in ceiling satellite?.

They don't specifically promote the PoE+ usage - different from the very similar WAC540 (with most versions) - thus supplying an AC/DC power supply with each SRC60.

@Kristopher wrote:

https://kb.netgear.com/000060609/SRC60-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-8 

Firmware notes for ceiling satellite implies it does allow for use of backhaul as fronthaul if wired to router - wanted confirmation from Netgear. This could make ceiling satellite much more interesting than the prior satellite.

Interesting, I must have missed that one - thank you for the heads-up! This KB entry should answer your question then, isn't it?

@YeZ you might want to join this thread please.

Message 5 of 5