Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI PRO SXK80B4 Flow Internet

WonKim
Aspirant

ORBI PRO SXK80B4 Flow Internet

Hi, can everyone tell me, please one question that worry me.

My newly bought Orbi Pro SXK80B4 with 4 satellits can not connect fast to the Intel AC Wireless AX210 card.

The router is in the same room in 1 feet from a PC and only show me 1200Mbits and not 2400Mbits that could do my Orbi Pro according to the description (2400+2400+1200). Why It doesnt use 160Mhz wave leight. I bet It connect to the Intel AX210 adaptor via 80Mhz wave. I searched everything and did not finde any manner to chose the speed of the AX connection. 

How can I connect my laptop to 2400mbits, please?

And the second, on the site was announced free 1 year insight use. But in reality the system gave me only 30 days trial, and not 1 year!!!

Notifying me every day of the proximate end of that period. Any posiibility to fix and give me what was announced?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: ORBI PRO SXK80B4 Flow Internet

a couple things.

1. the is the community support forum. where members of the public help out. If you're having insight issues, I'd contact actual netgear support. 

2. the SXK80 supports 2400mbps over a 4x4 antenna setup with 80hz wide channels on the fronthaul 5ghz. It doesn't support 160hz wide channels. 

3. The intel AX210 is a 2x2 antenna setup that'll connect at 2400mbps IF you're using 160hz wide channels. The best it'll achieve on a 80hz wide channel is 1200mbps. You'd need a 4x4 wireless card to hit 2400mbps. So you're not going to hit 2400mbps on that router/card setup. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

a couple things.

1. the is the community support forum. where members of the public help out. If you're having insight issues, I'd contact actual netgear support. 

2. the SXK80 supports 2400mbps over a 4x4 antenna setup with 80hz wide channels on the fronthaul 5ghz. It doesn't support 160hz wide channels. 

3. The intel AX210 is a 2x2 antenna setup that'll connect at 2400mbps IF you're using 160hz wide channels. The best it'll achieve on a 80hz wide channel is 1200mbps. You'd need a 4x4 wireless card to hit 2400mbps. So you're not going to hit 2400mbps on that router/card setup. 

Message 2 of 5
WonKim
Aspirant

Thanks for aclaration. Noone mention in any part that  SXK80 supports only 2400mbps over a 4x4 antenna.

Only one single drop of info I founded that It is 4x4 MIMO. And absolutelly nothing that it is limited with 80hz. If I knew I would newer buy It.

Lyish marketing of Netgear. Why not to open all specification to let me know what exactly they are selling to got what I really need.

Of course for consummers and business users no prestent 4x4 MIMO devices and they will not appear in the near and far future.

What was stopping them to make 160Hz wide channels and make it 2x2 MIMO intead of 4x4, knowing that noone can use 4x4? 

P.S.

With the device I can use my oldie MacMini 2018 with 3x3 MIMO WiFi5 AC 1300Mbit speed over 5Hz and 80Hz channels.

That wasn't the case because I planned my WiFi6 network without looking back to 2018.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I'd agree they don't do the best in advertising the its only a 20/40/80hz device and doesn't support 160hz. 

It makes it a bit of a challenge. Its the same with the consumer Orbi AX. I think with testing, there wasn't much speed difference seen between the 2 because of distance and radio interference at 160hz wide. The connection link drops off rapidly so they benefit wasn't there.

I dont' have one and wasn't in on any testing so I can't confirm that. 

I know I have an Arris W31 AX11000 which supports 160hz between the router and satellite and I don't see much difference in speed from the satellite. And that's comparing with my older RBK53 system. 

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Wrong logic applied here.

Just because of Inhell does AX200/AX210 as 2x2 only, and the industry does pick this up as the most cost effective two antenna solution*, 4x4 AX clients like the QCN9074 based modules (requiring four antennas of course) appear on the market as we write here. Voila, 2400 Mb/s link speed at your hand.

*Apple was the sole exception, they stick on three antenna solutions on their AC systems

If you think this is a new development on the Wi-Fi 6 arena, afraid you are wrong.  Similar discrepancy on high end Wi-Fi 5 AC systems before. If you wanted to use the max on the Qualcomm Wi-Fi based R9000, it was required having 4x4 clients. On it's later radio firmware developments, a 2x2 160 MHz AC became available and possible, thanks to non-standard QAM-1024 the AX200/AX210 does deliver amazing PHY link rates with this oldie device.

Last but not least, the design target of Wi-Fi 6 was - for the first time - not max speed, much more optimized support for multiple clients with different capabilities.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements