Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Highlighted
Follower

ORBI PRO (use DHCP only for WIRELESS 2???)

Router Firmware Version V2.3.1.100

Non-techy guy here... please excuse my ignorance.

Our LAN at my company is provided to each user by plugging in there computer to the back of their IP Phone in each office. 

The IP PHONE is using dedicated DSL (Bell is the ISP) to provide service through our hosted PBX system.

The DATA port on the back of each phone provides a separate connection to the internet with a separate ISP (Rogers).

I remember it being said that they are using a VLAN to separate the phone from the data, I hope this makes sense.

I've installed the SRK60 ORBI PRO + 1 REMOTE to provide WIFI thoughout the 4-storey, 5,000 sqft office.

Devices that connect to the ORBI based WiFi (Wireless 1 - SIMMITWifi) is getting an IP address from the ORBI DHCP.

Devices that connect to the ORBI based WiFi (Wireless 2 - SIMMITsonos) is also getting an IP address from the ORBI DHCP.

Is there a way to SHUT OFF the DHCP for Wireless 1 (SIMMITWifi) only, so that IP addresses are obtained from our LAN insteda of ORBI?

And, leave DHCP on forWireless 2 (SIMMITsonos) only, so that any device (my SONOS speakers) gets the IP address from ORBI dhcp??

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI PRO (use DHCP only for WIRELESS 2???)

Unfortunately, all Orbi Pro wireless names and LAN connect to the same L2 network - there is no VLAN based segregation.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements