Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI PRO vs RBK53

ThePathfinder
Apprentice

ORBI PRO vs RBK53

Please detail the differences between the new ORBI Pro vs the RBK53, also will the Pro have its own firmware or will it rely on the same firmware as the RBK53?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ORBI PRO vs RBK53

Hi @nbac6s7

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Here below are the features supported by the Orbi Pro:

1. Default AP mode - Unlike the Orbi Home Routers, the Orbi Pro router will be set to the “Access Point Mode” even if an existing router is
detected or not.  You can set the Orbi Pro router on "Router Mode" manually.  The following functions are supported when the Orbi Pro router is set to Router Mode:

• Access control
• Traffic meter
• Block sites
• Block service
• Static route
• Port forwarding
• Port triggering
• IPv6
• UPnP
• Remote management
• VPN Service

2. Multiple SSIDs - The Orbi Pro supports three isolated wireless networks. The devices on different SSIDs cannot communicate with each other.  This feature is available on both Router Mode and AP mode.

3. Guest Network with Captive Portal 

Kindly read the following article for more information: 

What advanced features does my Orbi Pro WiFi System support?

How many square feet does my Orbi Pro cover?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

RBK53 is an Orbi Router + two Orbi satellites as a kit suitable for larger homes. Orbi Pro kit comes with a Router and one satellite as a kit. 

Orbi Pro is a small business product with their specific needs where Orbi is a residential WiFi system.   

They both use the same Tri-band radio system with FastLane3 technology where they light up the whole house or business location with great WiFi without any need to pull Ethernet cables anywhere.

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 2 of 4
nbac6s7
Initiate

@NaderA wrote:

RBK53 is an Orbi Router + two Orbi satellites as a kit suitable for larger homes. Orbi Pro kit comes with a Router and one satellite as a kit. 

Orbi Pro is a small business product with their specific needs where Orbi is a residential WiFi system.   

They both use the same Tri-band radio system with FastLane3 technology where they light up the whole house or business location with great WiFi without any need to pull Ethernet cables anywhere.

On what planet does this qualify as an answer? I am a senior IT learder. If you answered one of *MY* custeomrs in this manner, your next quarterly performance conversation would be..... unpleasant. The requester asked for detailed differences. *I* would like to know the detailed differences. Where are they? Not here. IS there a link to someing intelligble? Relevant?

I am replacing my home network (currently 4 aging Netgear 3400/3500 units in Router/AP mode) with mesh technology. You’re asking me to spend another $150 for a Pro system. Why should I? What functions do I lose if I select the home vs. the Pro? Not 4 summary bullet points. Details. You know, one of those little charts with three columns: Feature, Home, and Pro? And little check boxes next to the features included in each? Sound familiar? If that's not worth $150 a unit to Netgear, then Pro probably isn't worth $150 extra. To anyone.

Frankly, I have found the Netgear website and 'community' to be of zero value in my search. But then I was looking for information, not snark. I came here with some brand loyalty and a willingness to spend half a thousand dollars to keep a familiar management interface and maintain my existing management capabilities. I am headed off to your competitors’ sites not having found any real answers. SMH.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50),Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @nbac6s7

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Here below are the features supported by the Orbi Pro:

1. Default AP mode - Unlike the Orbi Home Routers, the Orbi Pro router will be set to the “Access Point Mode” even if an existing router is
detected or not.  You can set the Orbi Pro router on "Router Mode" manually.  The following functions are supported when the Orbi Pro router is set to Router Mode:

• Access control
• Traffic meter
• Block sites
• Block service
• Static route
• Port forwarding
• Port triggering
• IPv6
• UPnP
• Remote management
• VPN Service

2. Multiple SSIDs - The Orbi Pro supports three isolated wireless networks. The devices on different SSIDs cannot communicate with each other.  This feature is available on both Router Mode and AP mode.

3. Guest Network with Captive Portal 

Kindly read the following article for more information: 

What advanced features does my Orbi Pro WiFi System support?

How many square feet does my Orbi Pro cover?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements