Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI keeps asking for WiFi password on 2.4GHz

Atomsk12
Follower

ORBI keeps asking for WiFi password on 2.4GHz

I just got a new ISP and am trying to set up my ORBI Pro mini (SXR30) and 1 satellite (SXS30) as my main router.
I'm trying to also add some IoT devices and therefore separated my 2.4 GHz and 5G networks. Now my android smartphone constantly keeps asking me for my wifi password - extremely frustrating. I've searched online as well as this forum but found no good sollution. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: ORBI keeps asking for WiFi password on 2.4GHz

@Atomsk12 wrote:

I'm trying to also add some IoT devices and therefore separated my 2.4 GHz and 5G networks.

What ever this means. On a bigger picture (without going into some fancy definitions), all the Orbi Pro 6 systems are supporting four different networks, each accessible over an SSID. For each network (each SSID), you can select the radio bands active, and of course set the wireless PSK key (the Wi-Fi password).

@Atomsk12 wrote:

Now my android smartphone constantly keeps asking me for my wifi password - extremely frustrating.

Referred the appropriate network, defined the password and set the correct security (supported by the wireless client)?

Difficult to guess what you had configured...

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Under some conditions, for example if the wireless client was previously configured and established to another (older) security standard like WPA-Personal or WPA2-Personal and you have changed the wireless access point e.g. to WPA3-Personal, one might have to "forget" the network and re-associate. 

Message 3 of 4
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

What's the firmware you are using? We need more setup/configuration information.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements