Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI pro AC3000 issues with wifi not issuing new IP addresses. (SR660)

hocuslocus
Aspirant

ORBI pro AC3000 issues with wifi not issuing new IP addresses. (SR660)

I've tried calling tech support 3 times. they keep asking for the same info. and then telling me they need to transfer me to "that department" 

they sent me back to regular tech support the first time

the second time they hung up on me (while transferring)

the third time they sent me back to regular tech support again. ( I give up, so I'm here now)

my case number is 43739079

After the latest firmware download when the orbi pro gets reset it doesn't issue out any new ip addresses. So if I try to connect with my phone it says "couldn't get IP address"

any hard wired devices are fine.

devices with a dedicated static ip are fine.

This issue some how solves itself within in a day or two ( i have no idea how). But in the mean time no body can connect.

Is there some setting that I'm not selecting, this happens on both my orbi pro routers at both of my business locations after the power goes out or if the router gets reset.

Message 1 of 3
hocuslocus
Aspirant

to be more specific I have a dedicated set of addresses for the wired/wireless static devices via the settings only uses maybe 50-60 addresses. Even addresses that were issued prior to the power loss can be reissued via DHCP, but no new devices. 

I have a guest network setup for customers, that can use the remainder. Usually it's only like 4 or 5 people using it at a time though, so no where near the limit. 

Everything always works fine until the unit turns off/on. then it takes a day or two before it starts acting normally again.

The only reason its off at all is due to power loss at the specific location. 

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@hocuslocus,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with your Orbi Pro. May I know if your Orbi Pro and satellites are up to date? If not, please try to upgrade the firmware to its latest version. You may download the latest firmware here.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements