Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Obri with ATT&T Arris BGW210-700 and Passthrough Setup - Arris DHCP Server

Boomerang3
Apprentice

Obri with ATT&T Arris BGW210-700 and Passthrough Setup - Arris DHCP Server

Hi Everyone,

Following the instructions in this forum I was able to get my Orbi working with the Arris BGW210-700 in passthrough mode.  I have a few questions on the setup and looking for some generous support and education.

1. One of the items is on the Arris BGW210-700 I kept the DHCP server on as well as the Orbi's.  The Orbi is serving as a router.  I tried turning off the DHCP on the Arris, but after that I couldn't access anything Internet related so I reset the Arris, followed the instructions here and didn't turn off DHCP.  Everything is working fine.

2. Should DHCP on the Arris be left turned on so it gives an IP to the Orbi?  

3. As a result of resetting things on the network, I used to be able to access my UDI Polisy (Home Automation Server) via https://polisy but now I cannot.  I can access via IP address, but I'm wondering what's wrong that I cannot access via the URL hteps://polisy like I was able to before.

Thanks for any support / education you can provide.

Jeff

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Obri with ATT&T Arris BGW210-700 and Passthrough Setup - Arris DHCP Server

Jeff,

I'd took a look at this thread for properly configuring the ATT device in passthrough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/b1x5l6/how_to_properly_configure_the_arris_bgw210_for/

Its kind of a pain. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Boomerang3,

Following the instructions in this forum I was able to get my Orbi working with the Arris BGW210-700 in passthrough mode.

Just to verify, is the Arris BGW210-700 is set as a modem-only device (or full-bridge mode)?  

1. One of the items is on the Arris BGW210-700 I kept the DHCP server on as well as the Orbi's.  The Orbi is serving as a router.  I tried turning off the DHCP on the Arris, but after that I couldn't access anything Internet related so I reset the Arris, followed the instructions here and didn't turn off DHCP.  Everything is working fine.

2. Should DHCP on the Arris be left turned on so it gives an IP to the Orbi?  

If DHCP is enabled on the Arris BGW210-700, can you verify if it provides Private IP Addresses?  If yes, then you got a Double NAT setup because the Orbi Pro router is behind another router which is the Arris BGW210-700.  

To know more about Double NAT, check the article here

The Arris BGW210-700 should be set to full-bridge mode so that the Orbi Pro router will be the main router on the network.

3. As a result of resetting things on the network, I used to be able to access my UDI Polisy (Home Automation Server) via https://polisy but now I cannot.  I can access via IP address, but I'm wondering what's wrong that I cannot access via the URL hteps://polisy like I was able to before.

I'm not familiar with the UDI Polisy.  Kindly try to set a static DNS server on your PC such as 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 then check if you will be able to access the UDI Polisy.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Jeff,

I'd took a look at this thread for properly configuring the ATT device in passthrough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/b1x5l6/how_to_properly_configure_the_arris_bgw210_for/

Its kind of a pain. 

Message 3 of 6
Boomerang3
Apprentice

Thanks so much for the reply and support.  I read through https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/b1x5l6/how_to_properly_configure_the_arris_bgw210_for/ and I have the same setup as it.  So DHCP on both the Arris and Orbi are Ok. as long as the networks don't overlap, causing a double NAT.  The Arris is on giving out 1 IP address and that's to the Orbi, all other IPs, some 60 of them are being handled by the Orbi.

Everything is rung fine, with the exception that I can no longer access a server name directly for my Polish and have to use its IP address.

So I'll close this as a solution and continue to follow up on the DHCP name issue.

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Try putting the netgears IP address in the BGW210's dmz.

Message 5 of 6
Boomerang3
Apprentice

Thanks,

The Arris is setup with it giving out only an IP address for the Orbi due to the MAC address in the passthrough config pointing to it.

Appreciate it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements