Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App not detecting WiFi & WiFi/internet is up and running

Skwirley
Tutor

Orbi App not detecting WiFi & WiFi/internet is up and running

Is anyone else having issues logging into their orbi router?  I have the orbi router Srr60 with satelites.  Today when I tried to access the app, The app told me to connect to the WiFi before I can access the app.  My internet/WiFi is up and running with no issues, I just can't access the app.

I have tried reseting router/modem

I have tried installing it as a new system

There is no guest network 

It is not in bridge mode

It is just very strange.  Even thou the wifi is connected I can't access the app.  It's almost as if the app is faulty or having issues on the app's end.  Is anyone else having issues with the Orbi App?  If so please advise on how you handled the issue.

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi App not detecting WiFi & WiFi/internet is up and running

@Skwirley,

The Orbi app is compatible to work with the Orbi Home devices and NOT with the Orbi Pro WiFi 5 devices which includes the SRR60 and SRS60. 

Kindly use the NETGEAR Insight App to manage your Orbi Pro WiFi 5 devices. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Skwirley
Tutor

@DaneA 

Thank you for replying but I have follow up questions.  

First I have been using the regular orbi app with the SRR60 for 2 + years and never have had any issues until just now, when NetGear updated their new firmware.  Now my system won't recognize the regular orbi app.  Was that by design from the NetGear Team? Did you just recently make it where PRO users can no longer use the regular app?

Secondly I did download the insight app as you suggested and it loaded the first time and confimed the network but soon as I went to see the network, it does the same thing as the regular orbi app. Says network/WiFi not found.  But the system is up and running.  If I log directly into the Admin through 192.-------- I can see all satellites are connected and devices working.  Just the app isn't working.

Laslty I use your pro system because i have a larger house with lots of concrete so I wanted to make sure it would accommodate the house.  This isn't used for business.  I'm wondering if I should do a complete factory reset and start from the beginning? Would that fix the issue?

Message 3 of 4
DJHazmat
Star

@Skwirley 

I have the same setup as you. I have a large one story house and needed to be able to get wifi thru several think interior walls,etc.   With the 2.6.0.108 firmware, Netgear removed the support for the Orbi App. You have to use the Insight app - which is lame. It doesn't properly show the number of connected devices, and you can't really change settings for your router through it. It basically gives you a remote reboot capability - that's it - and they want you to pay for the privilege with a subscription. I wouldn't mind paying a small price if there was something I could use the Insight app for. It doesn't work well at all and you are relegated to using the webui on the Insight homepage to be able to configure anything.   I'm really getting frustrated with the lack of support for the Netgear mesh network equipment and figuring I'll look elsewhere for my next system. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements