Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi PRO SRK60 satelitte different wifi details than router

HRZNHyde
Aspirant

Orbi PRO SRK60 satelitte different wifi details than router

Hi

I recently purchased the Orbi PRO SRK60 with one satelitte. I am currently using a technicolor dga2231 modem/router and POE switch provided by my ISP. I've tried setting up the Orbi Pro using the router mode, whilst connecting it to the provided router. I am able to get a good connection, however all of my networked devices show up as offline. Is there a way to connect the Orbi to my isp routers network, or do I need to use the AP mode?

I have also had a few problems with the provided satelitte. The satelitte provides amazing range and can easily connect to the router from the second or third floor of the building. However, when I changed the routers wifi name and password using the setup mode; the satelitte keeps the same name and password of the default router. I am unable to find any information on why this is happening or how to fix it. I have checked but the Orbi app and orbilogin page, but there are no setting I can change. I have also connected to the satelitte directly and accessed the satelittes page using it's ip address. It shows the setting of the device but has no way to edit them.

Howfully, the information I have provided can give someone an idea of the problems I'm having.

Kind Regards

Benjamin

Model Version: Orbi PRO SRK60

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System, SRK60B04|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System, SRK60B05|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System, SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi PRO SRK60 satelitte different wifi details than router

@HRZNHyde,

Thank you for that information. They will appear as a different WiFi connection because it is set on AP mode. This will provide its own SSID and will still have the seamless connection working. May I know if the router and satellites are running on the same firmware version? If not, please update the firmware to its latest version.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@HRZNHyde,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems you are having issues with the Orbi Pro. May I know if your ISP does provide you a router already? If it is a router, then you can just set the Orbi Pro as an access point. But if you want to use the Orbi Pro as a router, you may need to set up the other router in bridge mode.

Orbi App is not recommended to be used for Orbi Pro and it is compatible only with Orbi Home. I suggest using the Insight App to access your Orbi Pro. 

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
HRZNHyde
Aspirant

Hi @JohnC_V 

Thank you for your reply. I have changed the orbi router onto the ap mode and I am now able to access the network devices; however I'll also have a look at the bridge router.

The main problem I'm have right now is that, when I am using both the router and satelitte, they are appearing as both wifi connections. I have changed the routers wifi name and password from the default settings, but the satelitte is still showing up with the default settings. I have looked on the orbilogin.com page and the insight app, but i can't find anywhere to change them. I have also tried resetting the satelitte but it still keeps the default settings.

Kind Regards

Benjamin

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@HRZNHyde,

Thank you for that information. They will appear as a different WiFi connection because it is set on AP mode. This will provide its own SSID and will still have the seamless connection working. May I know if the router and satellites are running on the same firmware version? If not, please update the firmware to its latest version.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements