Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi PRO SRR60 dropping and another issue also

hocuslocus
Aspirant

Orbi PRO SRR60 dropping and another issue also

I've had this orbit router for maybe 6 months and have had the same issue for a long time. Kind of given up on trying to fix it, but now I have another issue.

The long term issue is where any new device tries to come on it keeps coming back saying "can't get IP address".  This happens maybe once a week. I usually just reset the channel 2.4 ghz and put it on AUTO. After hitting apply it usually allows new devices to connect. I have this same exact router at two business locations, and its the same exact problem and annoying solution. I keep hoping a firmware update will fix it, but it never does :(. Eventually I'm probably going to switch to a different brand router, as I keep getting customer complaints. I've owned several routers and I've never seen this behavior before the ORBI.

The other issue is recent, I'm not 100% if it happened after the last firmware update. But it's only happening at one location. The light on the ORBI turns purple, but all hardwired lines still works fine. All WIFI traffic stops working. It happens at least once a day. The only temp fix thus far is resetting the router. I was thinking it was the newer modem, but after seeing several people with similar issues I'm leaning towards the router. I connected another older router to the modem to see if it disconnects as well today to rule that out once and for all. 

I have about 73 devices on at location 1.

location 2, its about 55 or so.

Both are running the latest firmware. 

Hardware Version   SRR60

Firmware Version   V2.6.2.200

GUI Language Version   V1.0.0.409

Operation Mode   Router

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: Orbi PRO SRR60 dropping and another issue also

First part is for @RaghuHR ...

The "another issue" is well known, look here -> If your Orbi Pro (SRK60, SXK80) started having frequent client disconnects try this workaround ... the first part could be related however.

Message 2 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @hocuslocus 

Could you please send us your device config and debug logs? We will try to recreate and update from logs.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 6
hocuslocus
Aspirant

I'll be back there tomorrow, Appreciate the fix for the second more pressing issue. I'll get it taken care of tomorrow. Wasn't sure since both locations have the same router, both were on different (latest) firmware versions though. 

I'll grab the log and post as soon as I get it, thanks!

Message 4 of 6
hocuslocus
Aspirant

ok, I got the debug logs for both locations after it messed up again. should I send them directly to an email?

Message 5 of 6
hocuslocus
Aspirant

hello  RaghuHR,

did you ever find anything? 

could it be a thing with to many IP addresses, Thought they could handle more than 60.

It dropped a few of our smart thermostats along with a few other things yesterday. They all said couldn't get IP address, it's the same exact issue at both locations. It happens sporatically... can't seem to find a common cause. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements