Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro Design Validation (SRK60B06)

BooJangles
Apprentice

Orbi Pro Design Validation (SRK60B06) 6 Satellite Deployment with Wired Backhauls

Orbi-Pro-6-satellites.png

Hello all,

I've included a rough diagram I was hoping to get validation for. I'm less concerned about coverage as the diagram isn't to scale but more interested in whether the wired backhaul will work correctly in this design given the switches (required due to how the homes are wired, I will not be able to daisy-chain).

Much appreciated,

-B 

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BooJangles,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

About setting up the Orbi Pro System for Ethernet backhaul, kindly access the article below and see the recommended network setup: 

What is Ethernet backhaul and how do I set it up on my Orbi WiFi System? 

Make sure that the firmware version of the Orbi Pro System should be v2.1.2.18 or higher for Ethernet backhaul to work.  The latest firmware version is v2.3.5.106 and you can download it here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BooJangles,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

About setting up the Orbi Pro System for Ethernet backhaul, kindly access the article below and see the recommended network setup: 

What is Ethernet backhaul and how do I set it up on my Orbi WiFi System? 

Make sure that the firmware version of the Orbi Pro System should be v2.1.2.18 or higher for Ethernet backhaul to work.  The latest firmware version is v2.3.5.106 and you can download it here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
BooJangles
Apprentice

Hi DaneA,

Thank you for your response. I reviewed the link and just want to make sure the wired backhaul will work correctly if going from one switch to another before the router. In my diagram you will see 2 satellites pluging into a switch (Playhouse) then that switch is connected to the main switch (main house). The router is connected to the main switch.

If this works, are there any special considerations in how I power on and sync things?

Thanks again,

B

Message 3 of 9
ShawnC
Apprentice

Should be fine unless you have something special going on in your switches that would effect IP 4/6 routing (port forwarding, packet shaping, etc...)

-Shawn C

Message 4 of 9
BretD
Admin

@BooJangles We'd love to know if you deployed your setup, and how it's working for you.

-Bret

Message 5 of 9
BooJangles
Apprentice

So far I have the router and 3 satellites setup. In my experience thus far the recognition of new satellites has been inconsistent regardless of being added from Insight or Orbi app. Both apps say it failed but ultimately after a long 5-10 minutes of no response and self reboots they eventual show up.

When updating the firmware it is similar process and when checking for updates online it says none are are needed but what is installed is several revs behind. I ended up performing them manually from the web interface and had to do them one at a time even though it let me select them all for update.

Question: I will be needing more satellites than anticipated due to dead spots, what is the limit of satellites that can be added?

Thanks,
B
Message 6 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BooJangles

Question: I will be needing more satellites than anticipated due to dead spots, what is the limit of satellites that can be added?

One (1) Orbi Pro router (SRR60) can now support up to seven (7) Orbi Pro satellites which is either the Orbi Pro Add-on Satellite (SRS60) or the Orbi Pro Add-on Ceiling Satellite (SRC60).  Be reminded that the firmware of the Orbi Pro devices should be updated to the latest firmware version.  

Note: The Orbi Pro WiFI System is NOT compatible to pair with the Orbi Home WiFi System. 

An Orbi Pro router and Orbi Pro satellite pair can cover up to 5,000 square feet.  Each additional add-on satellite (either the Orbi Pro Add-on Satellite [SRS60] or the Orbi Pro Add-on Ceiling Satellite [SRC60]) can cover up to 2,500 square feet.

As reference, kindly access and read the article below:

How many square feet does my Orbi Pro cover? 

For more information about the Orbi Pro Add-on Ceiling Satellite (SRC60), kindly access the data sheet below:

Orbi Pro Add-on Ceiling Satellite (SRC60) Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 9
BooJangles
Apprentice

Does this exclude the outdoor satellite (RBS50Y)? You only reference the SRS60 and SRC60.

Thanks,
B
Message 8 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BooJangles,

You can also use the RBS50Y satellite with the SRR60 provided that it is set to Orbi Mode.  For more information, kindly read the RBS50Y installation guide here.   

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements