Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro Ethernet Backhaul

steoli
Tutor

Orbi Pro Ethernet Backhaul

Hi,
Does Orbi Pro now support ethernet backhaul between router and satellite (like Orbi for Home RBK50)? My router and satellite will be located in separate buildings with some distance and thick walls, i.e. they need to be wired together.
Best regards,
Stefan
Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi Pro Ethernet Backhaul

@steoli,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @steoli,

Yes, the Orbi Pro now supports Ethernet Backhaul.  This is one of the features when firmware v2.1.2.18 was released last January 2018 for the Orbi Pro.  As reference, kindly check the forum article here.  

Then, just last February 2018, NETGEAR has released the latest firmware version for the Orbi Pro which is v2.1.3.2 that includes fixes, new feature and still Ethernet Backhaul is supported.  I suggest you to update the firmware of your Orbi Pro devices to v2.1.3.2.  You can download it here.  Be reminded to perform a factory reset on the Orbi Pro device after upgrading the firmware to the latest version in order to start clean using the latest firmware version. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
steoli
Tutor

Thanks @DaneA for the quick response!
Another question - is there a Orbi Pro product simular to “Orbi Add-on (RBW30) AC2200”?
/Stefan
Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@steoli,

Using the AC3000 Add-on Outdoor Satellite RBS50Y would cover up to 2,500 square feet.  You can either use ethernet backhaul or via Wi-Fi in connecting it to the Orbi Pro.  For more information, kindly access the links below:

Orbi™ Outdoor Satellite (RBS50Y)

High-performance AC3000 Add-on Outdoor Satellite RBS50Y Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@steoli,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements