Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro Ethernet connected devices

fixmacs
Guide

Orbi Pro Ethernet connected devices

How do I control access to the Ethernet-connected devices with respedt to the WiFi networks? The Orbi Pro has the feature of creating up to three WiFi networks,. How does the administrator controll LAN access to Ethernet devices? I want to have the Ethernet devices accessible to one WiFi network, and blocked to both other networks. 

Also, is it possible to setup the Guest network to access a LAN printer or is the network sandboxed for Internet access only? 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
fixmacs
Guide

Okay, I installed the Orbi Pro. My experience with the actual setup was outstanding. The setup procedure, although requring my attention to several details, moved easily through the web interface that automatically appleared on my computer immediately after installing the hardware. Well done, Netgear. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi fixmacs,

Orbi Pro can support upto 3 WiFi networks, but it will be working on the same network address. So even the ethernet connections are on the same network. Guest network is pretty isolated to other networks even on LAN. It cannot access any other devices inside the whole network.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@fixmacs,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
fixmacs
Guide

Netgear created three possible WiFi networks. The Admin has access to everything. The "Employee" network is managed by the Admin and thus does not have access to all network nodes, and then the Guest network is limited to Internet access only. I would like Netgear to describe these features in greater detail. The FAQs have no information. 

Message 4 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Netgear created three possible WiFi networks. The Admin has access to everything. The "Employee" network is managed by the Admin and thus does not have access to all network nodes, and then the Guest network is limited to Internet access only. I would like Netgear to describe these features in greater detail. The FAQs have no information. 

@fixmacs,

My apologies on that. Yes, you are correct as the Orbi Pro does not support any VLANs.

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@fixmacs,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
fixmacs
Guide

Okay, I installed the Orbi Pro. My experience with the actual setup was outstanding. The setup procedure, although requring my attention to several details, moved easily through the web interface that automatically appleared on my computer immediately after installing the hardware. Well done, Netgear. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements