Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro Firmware

DH_1
Apprentice

Orbi Pro Firmware

Hello Community...

Curious......what Firmware version are you using?  That has been Stable?

This is for Orbi Pro AC3000 Wifi 5 Tri-band SRK60 (plus SRS60).

The 2.6.2.xxxx versions have been quite buggy....

I am currently on 2.5.5.100.  It has been stable, without and mods......

Just curiois as to what others are running....and if your are experience problems.....

Cheers....

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 17
stofferr
Tutor

Re: Orbi Pro Firmware

1 SRR60 and 2x SRS60 -> fw 2.6.2.200 and since then instable (frequent client disconnects) -> this is so much a problem that I have shut them down and replaced with another brand device (still have my previous device).

Coverage and speed of my replacement device are less  but at least they are stable.

Netgeat PLEASE fix the 2.6.2.200 ASAP!

Message 2 of 17
DH_1
Apprentice

Understand....I lost revenue because Netgear does not beta test...or apparently not.....I went thru two iterations of bad firmware with them. I hope they fired the "Engineers" that developed the software. I got tired of being a beta tester (PC Plumbing 101) for Netgear.....If I had one more ask of "please send us your Log Files.....Where is the Glock....
I don't use Insights....waste of money. And 2.5.5.100 has been stable....no drops at all. Great hardware....but the software sucks.....
Cheers......thanks for the reply....
Message 3 of 17
Steven86
Initiate

Hi,

I have a Orbi Pro SRK60 and 4 SRS60 satellites. And I can confirm that the firmware Netgear released the last year is an absolute nightmare.

Version 2.6.0.108 was so so with frequent drops of connection and satellites going offline every 3 days are so. Even after switching off DDOS protection which makes matters worse; this router's firmware somehow DDOSes itself... go figure.

Once firmware 2.6.2.200 came in, the system became totally unusable. Even with DDOS protection off, every 15 minutes or so, connections go haywire.

So based on the tips in this thread, I decided to downgrade router and satellites all to 2.5.5.100 . It has been 7 days without problem.

So those connection issues are 100% on the account on whomever writes firmware at Netgear. 

So, whomever else out there who is close to throwing this gear out of the window. Downgrade to 2.5.5.100 for stability. If security is a concern, put another stable brand router in front of this Netgear stuff. At least you can still use your investment in SRK60 and SRS60...

Steven

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 4 of 17
schumaku
Guru

@BruceGuo please.

Message 5 of 17
stofferr
Tutor

I downgraded to 2.5.5.100 but my problems seem to be less, but still persisting.

What specific configuration settings could be related?

Thanks

Message 6 of 17
Steven86
Initiate

I made following changes to enhance the situation and kept these also on 2.5.5.100:

Port scan and DoS protection OFF (Install, WAN setup)

NAT-filters: SIP ALG OFF (Install, WAN setup) - makes video calls a lot more stable

Traffic meter OFF (Advanced settings)

Implicit beamforming ON (Advanced wireless settings)

Series topology ON (Advanced wireless settings)

MU-MIMO ON

And I separated the 2.4G and 5G networks in Install/Wireless settings/Wireless 2 -  All non admin users go via Wireless 2 on either 2.4G or 5G. Devices that are 2.4Ghz go on the 2.4 wireless 2. Wireless is only used for network admin. 

and I gave each SRS60 satellite a fixed IP address

Regards,

Steven

Message 7 of 17
DH_1
Apprentice

I am a home business. Another area I checked was the modem. I made sure it was reflecting my “time zone”.
Also I am using Google DNS. 8888 & 8844
Once in a while I will clear the dns cache.
I am not a techy type.
Also I turned off the access control. I can check my setting in detail and post if you think that helps.
Message 8 of 17
stofferr
Tutor

Unfortunately no resolve 😞

Message 9 of 17
stofferr
Tutor

please do check if you can - I'm so frustrated by now.

small home business who spends a lot of time on testing a so-called 'business device'.

It is a real nightmare. I should have stuck with a consumer device (and from another brand). 

At least bugs get resolved relatively quickly for my old device.

Message 10 of 17
DH_1
Apprentice

Message 11 of 17
DH_1
Apprentice

I will see what I can pull off from my setup and get that up on this site.....maybe. I am not a techie......
Message 12 of 17
stofferr
Tutor

Yeah, thanks, I tried that too. Did not work 😞

But thanks for trying to help anyway! 🙂 Much appreciated.

Roger

@DH_1 wrote:
Not sure if this work. but look at this
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/If-your-Orbi-Pro-SRK60-SXK80-start...

Message 13 of 17
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @stofferr 

Could you please send us the debug log at time of the issue? We will investigate and provide our analysis.

Edit: Received your logs. We will investigate and provide an update.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 14 of 17
DH_1
Apprentice

No you won't.....wow....cant believe it....another ask for logs files

besides, I am not haveing any problems. 2.5.5.100 is running perfectly......
Message 15 of 17
DH_1
Apprentice

@stofferr was the netgear 3rd line support of any help?

Just curious

Cheers

Message 16 of 17
stofferr
Tutor

Sent log files - waiting for response.

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 8 kudos