Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro Issues with Firmware v2.5.4.104

GB-User
Tutor

Orbi Pro Issues with Firmware v2.5.4.104

I have had to go back to the previous firmware as I have had issues with the new version, I have a three unit setup a SRR60, SRS60 & RBS50Y. The SRS60 is connected to the SRR60 via ethernet directly from satalite to router ethernet port and is using Ethernet Backhaul and the RBS50Y is connected using wireless channel 108.

What happens with the new firmware is all units upgrade ok, but after a while insight reports that no clients are connected but on the Orbi UI it shows 60 or so clients, the RBS50Y drops off and Insight shows it as not connected, on the Orbi UI it shows as connected but as a client not a satalite and you cannot get to any of the settings via the orbi management UI (You cannot go directly either) if you reboot it connects for a while then drops again. If you do a wireless scan it shows that all satalites are trying to use wireless backhaul.

As mwntioned I have put all three back to v2.5.3.110 and everythig works as should.

Message 1 of 11
Boomerang3
Apprentice

Re: Orbi Pro Issues with Firmware v2.5.4.104

I guess I'm going to have to back down also.  After my upgrade to v2.5.4.104 my SRC60 and SRR60 keep disconnecting from the router SRR60.  I've been through everything I can think of.  Channels, WiFi conflicts, ect.  I posted earlier about my now reluctance to upgrade my Netgear Orbi in the future.  Seems like everytime I do, something goes wrong. 

Thanks for your post.

----------------------

Update 1

Just downgraded from v2.5.4.104 to 2.5.3.110 on my SRR60, SRC60, and will do the SRR60 when I feel confident that the downgrade put me back into a stable environment.  I'll update in an hour or so, since the v2.5.4.104 was disconnect the SRC60 every 15 mins or so.

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 2 of 11
qzkhtw
Aspirant

I have a similar configuration, but with two more SRS60’s. I’ve spent hours troubleshooting and reconfiguring. I’m now going to revert back to the previous version. After spending over a grand for this network, I have nothing but issues with it ( always after a firmware upgrade - it’s never seamless)
Message 3 of 11
Boomerang3
Apprentice

I factory reset and downgraded the firmware to v2.5.3.110 on all three (SRR60, SRS60, SRC60) last night.

Everything was working great until about an hour ago and I got another disconnect on the SRC60, the ceiling sat again.  It's the SRC60 that has been disconnecting.  After the firmware downgrade everything looked great until now and had a another disconnect.

The link speed of the SRC60 is 1300/1300 and has been stable.

So, I'll give it another day or so and see if I get another disconnect and then, well I guess it's a call to Netgear.  I havn't put in a support call yet, because I've tried everything that I can find from pamrameters (using the experiencing here), rebooting, factory reset, and now factory reset with firmware downgrade.

I've got a suspicion that it's either interference or distance.  The SRC60 has a great link speed, and is two floors up from the SRR60 router.

Message 4 of 11
qzkhtw
Aspirant

I also did a factory reset on all 5 devices and reverted to v2.5.3.110. This is a newer version from what I was on previously (2.5.3.108), but all 4 satellites have remained online for the past 6 hours. Much better than current version.
Message 5 of 11
Boomerang3
Apprentice

18 hours and after a factory reset and firmware downgrade, no disconnects and WiFi is back to its speedy, reliable self.

Message 6 of 11
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you all for reaching us. 

@Boomerang3  @GB-User Could you please share the debug logs from the FW v2.5.4.104? You can download the debug logs by accessing https://< IP address of router/satellite>/debug.htm and click on start capture. Wait for 3-4 minutes before you save. Please upload into google drive and send me link via PM.  @Boomerang3  Pleae confirm if you are using Insight Manager?

@qzkhtw  Could you please confirm your issue description with the debug logs? Are you using Insight Manager to manage your Orbi Pro? It is not clear you are also seeing the same issue as like others.

Thanks,

Raghu 

Message 7 of 11
GB-User
Tutor

As I have backdated the FW will the debug log help, I cannot run the new release v2.5.4.104 as my network stops working correctly. I can give the current logs but that is on FW v2.5.3.110

Message 8 of 11
qzkhtw
Aspirant

I too have reverted to V2.5.3.110 so not sure the debug log will be of much use. I am using Insight Manger to manage my network, but I also log directly into the router. As for what I was seeing under V2.5.4.104, the outdoor satellite would not connect at all (even after a factory reset of the RBS50Yv2). Eventually, the other three satellites (SRS60s) would drop - even though they had a good backhaul connection. I decided to do a factory reset on the entire set up (SRR60, SRS60s, RBS50Y). This time I was able to establish a connaction with the RBS50Y, while it was near the SRR60, but when I moved it back to it's outdoor location it connected for a short time, then disconnected. The other satellites all connected and remained connected for about an hour, then began failing. At this point, I reverted back to V2.5.3.110 where all of the satellites connected and have remained connectes without failure.  Hope this helps. 

Model: SRK60B04|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 9 of 11
Boomerang3
Apprentice

I just read a msg from Netgear tech asking some info about my setup.  So, they are aware of a issue with the backhaul.  Stabilize things on previous version, I know that might take a bit of doing and wait for newer release.

Message 10 of 11
GB-User
Tutor

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements